Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

List of all grader manufacturers

Graderfan1981 · 2014-10-24 17:26

I have collect a list of all grader manufacturers: - Acco - Adams - Allatt - Alitec - Allis-Chalmers - Atek - Aveling Barford - Baukema - Beml - Bischoff - Bitvargen - Blaw-Knox - Bolinder-Munktell - Bondy - Boothmac - Bryansky Arsenal - Case - Caterpillar - Champion - Chenggong - Changlin - Clark - CMI - Conarg - Debureax - Dezzi - Dingsheng Tiangong - Dormash - Drammen - Dresser - Dressta (werden auch unter "Mista" verkauft) - Duplex - Faun Frisch - Fiat-Allis - Flannegan Western - Frisch - Galion - Gehl - Grosspal - Guidetti - Halla - Hanomag - HBM - Henschel, RMW - Hidro-Grubert - Huber - Intrame - Irmash - John Deere - June - Komatsu - Le Tourneau - Lee - Leeboy - Liugong - Lokomo - Madrog - Malcom Moore - Mattson - Mauldin - MBU - Meili-Blumberg - Metalbat - Mitsubishi - Mitsui - New Holland - Nicolina - Nordverk - O&K - Orion - Pauny - Pettibone - PI Makina - Pucket Bros - PWD - Radoje Dakic - Ray-Go - Rhonelle - Richardson - Richier - Rome - Ronderbult - Rossi - Rotania - Royal - Sany - SDLG - SEM - Shantui - Sicom - Sinomach - Steelveld - Svedala - Tiangong - Ursus Peroni - Vammas - Veekmas - Volvo - Wabco - Wehr - XGMA - XCMG - Zanello - Zoomlion That are all the manufacturers which built graders, I know there exist another brand names. Perhaps you know some other manufacturers which are not in my list.

Replies43
  1. #1Queenslander2014-10-25 06:35

    You sure do love your graders don't you Graderfan?.:drinkup Two names I don't see on your list is DRMCo and Britstand , quite a few of which were sold here in OZ. Cheers, Greg

  2. #2stumpjumper832014-10-25 06:48

    See Austin western, psi, Trojan, Russell, that's all I can think of quickly that you missed

  3. #3Graderfan19812014-10-25 06:52

    Yeah, I love graders I have heard about DRMCo, but it was only another name for Champion. They sold a few years under this name. Britstand is missing, right .) it was a real manufacturer, they had build pulled graders too.

  4. #4Graderfan19812014-10-25 06:57

    Thank you Mauldin has takeover the PSI graders, right?

  5. #5DoosanFan2014-10-25 14:56

    Rondebult is a rebranded Liugong sold in RSA

  6. #6Deeretracks2014-10-25 15:34

    Man I hope somebody did. PSI graders were garbage. We has a couple 618's in the rental fleet since Deere stopped making the 570. We couldn't even get people to keep them out for free. LOL

  7. #7.RC.2014-10-25 21:25

    Steelweld.. Absorbed into Caterpillar eventually..

  8. #8Graderfan19812014-10-26 03:36

    I have read that Steelweld built a time Grader in licence from Caterpillar.

  9. #9.RC.2014-10-26 19:05

    http://www.earthmover.com.au/news/2...0th/50-years-of-q-a-a-grader-is-multi-purpose

  10. #10Graderfan19812014-10-26 19:25

    Here are some interesting informations about Steelweld and Caterpillar: https://www.flickr.com/photos/46046969@N03/8756427948/#comment72157633547362969

  11. #11ianoz2014-10-26 20:20

    Graderfan , I don't know if you missed seeing the reference to Waugh & Josephson Speed Patrol graders In your link above . Tutt Bryant here in Australia also built Alice Chalmers Graders under License.Here is our one .

  12. #12cuttin edge2014-11-10 20:10

    The company I work for has a puckett, an Alitec, and a Mauldin. You can see the changes each company has made. I am still a big fan of the puckett, really dislike the Mauldin

  13. #13Reubs2014-11-13 01:19

    Wow!, you know your stuff alright Graderfan! One name that can be added to the list is Wakefield. They were basically UK licence produced Galion's. In fact the Wakefield's were originally produced under the Galion (Great Britain) name before they changed to Wakefield.

  14. #14Graderfan19812014-11-14 18:02

    Thanks for all your help i love graders so much, so I collect everything about them I spent the most of a day to research about graders, so fanatic I am I will update the list soon with the manufacturers with made in licence

  15. #15Graderfan19812014-11-28 08:05

    I have find a photo from a grader, looks like Caterpillar, but "Wrigth"-nameplate. http://www.agrartechnik-im-einsatz.de/de/index.php?page=view_picture&id=302860 Does Wright have built Caterpillar Grader in license?

  16. #16johan72014-11-28 09:34

    Hello graderfan , Yes , Wright built Cat graders , dozerblades and scraperbowls in South Africa . The same did Corpet Louvet in France , and Birtley in the UK (no graders) . I have a Corpet Louvet no. 4 grader which is in fact the no.4 Highway patrol . The Netherlands , johan7

  17. #17Graderfan19812014-11-28 11:40

    Thanks for the info I have read about from Wright when I saw an underground grader.

  18. #18Radrock2015-01-02 18:25

    I never did see Basic on your list as well. It is a small simple blade

  19. #19Graderfan19812015-01-02 18:45

    I have read about this brand, but is that not the same as Blademor / Gehl for example?

  20. #20Radrock2015-01-02 19:06

    It could be. I haven't ever compared them but I have seen the Basic before. Here is a photo of a Blade that I would like to run... Here is the link to look at several other pictures of it. http://www.socalearthmovers.com/gallery255.html

  21. #21Graderfan19812015-01-03 05:15

    There are more brandnames Gehl, Alitec, Bladmor, Basic, it is very difficult with them lol The big 25 M grader looks very nice, very strong guy, can move lots of earth

  22. #22cuttin edge2015-01-03 08:32

    The company I work for has a puckett grader. They were not overly powered, but they were good for small parking lots, narrow streets, and driveways. It is still in use today. As near as I can tell, they were taken over by alitec. The one we have is the last one built before they went out of business, so it was really poorly built. After a few years of mods, it was a reliable little grader, and again, we still use it today. I am not sure if there was anyone else in between, but I think PSI picked up the torch. We never got one of them. Now they are Mauldin. They do have more power, and a nice cab, but they narrowed the lift cylinders on the blade, and I find that it is really touchy, and it rides up over rocks. The boom is quite flimsy as well. The bucket is actually twisted. On the Puckett, and Alitec, they had the controls on either side of the seat. Blade controls, on the left hand, and bucket, and ripper on the right. Mauldin offers the option of controls around the steering wheel. In order to accomplish this they torch out part of the frame for the front boom mount to fit the valve bank. Hence the flimsy boom. There is an old wheel loader hauled grader on display at the government garage here. It was once owned by the guys I work for. They have been in business since 1945. If I think of it, I will check the tag on it for a name.

  23. #23dly312015-02-03 21:31

    For a complete list of graders, you should include the names of all brands you can find, even if they are the same as other brands. You should include a note to explain, such as: "Under license from __________ in __________ " if you know the relationship.

  24. #24johan72015-02-04 03:35

    Hello Graderfan , here is a grader you don't yet have in your list : Barbier , Benard & Turenne . Yes , it has existed , here is the proof . The Netherlands , johan7

  25. #25Graderfan19812015-02-22 13:47

    Sawyer Massey was an old manufacturer, they built pulled graders and a motorgrader with tractor.

  26. #26dashbrd cowboy2015-04-29 00:55

    Help!! Anybody know where to find parts for a FUTURE 700??

  27. #27Graderfan19812015-05-01 14:22

    I have searched on google about a future 700, it looks like TCI / Blademor-Grader, i don't know what is the main manufacturer from this brands.

  28. #28cat222015-05-11 11:18

    Some very useful information. car service

  29. #29ianoz2015-05-18 06:12

    Found this photo on Facebook . This is the discription that went with it Graderfan . A rare grader ......... a Dissington. I had never heard of any in Oz but according to the info on this one there were two imported in the 1950s. Fitted with a Leyland 350 .

  30. #30Graderfan19812015-05-18 06:52

    It looks like a Huber 10D: http://blackwood-hodge.typepad.com/.a/6a00e55079f7318834019b00dad7ad970b-pi

  31. #31Queenslander2015-05-18 17:15

    Never heard of them, Ianoz, certainly a solid machine. Is it at Ilfracombe? If so, I'll be out there in a couple of months, I'll have to check it out. Cheers, Greg

  32. #32Graderfan19812015-05-18 18:03

    Yes it is from Ilfracombe, i have seen pictures from this last weeks, they have lots of graders. Maybe you can read what text is on the badge, I can't read it on the picture.

  33. #33ianoz2015-05-18 22:50

    Hi Greg , Ilfracombe is in Western Queensland. A little town of 350 people .In a park running along the main street for a mile is the collection of machinery ,with like this grader very rare stuff . Never been there myself , but a friend passing though there videoed some of the tractors for me . After ihad watched it , he ended up taping over it ,much to my disgust . Anyway , here is a link to a website covering the collection . http://www.ilfracombe.com.au/Ilfracombe-Machinery-Mile.html

  34. #34Queenslander2015-05-19 03:29

    My brother was the copper there, a one man station, about twenty years ago, so it's been that long since I've been there. I imagine the collection has grown somewhat since then. Cheers, Greg

  35. #35Graderfan19812015-05-31 16:29

    I have find out some manufacturers which I haven't listet yet. Icon, Hepco, STT, Hawkeye, Belarus, Gilbert, Hadfield Penfield, Carlisle

  36. #36Queenslander2016-03-07 05:59

    Finally made it back out to the central west. It appears that the Distington has British heritage. No markings on the motor but it does look Leylandish.

  37. #37NorAm Grader2022-09-27 22:01

    I'm late to the party, but I wanted to mention that you apparently forgot the "NorAm" company.

  38. #38rayman2022-10-07 20:31

    To Queenslander, or any one else, as regards to the Distington grader at Ilfracombe, its mate from Livingstone shire is in a paddock at Monto. They were?are a license built "Galion" made in England by Distington Iron works. They next were built by and sold as "Carlyle". Radium Hill uranium mines in South Australia imported 11 of them and several are still in existence down in S.A. Two Carlisle's were imported into NZ by IH about 1958, I drove one around a bit on demo's. Good graders too as were most Galions at that time.

  39. #3956wrench2022-10-08 11:10

    Here’s one i never saw before. I have heard it may have been made by MCI who now make motorcoaches. It has a IH powerunit. It was at a campground just outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba. I think MCI may still have a factory there. Somebody has yanked the front axle and made it into a pull-type. I could not find a serial number or tag on it

  40. #40rayman2022-10-09 22:13

    This is a Britstand model 37E-27 engine is AEC12 litre 135 hp.

  41. #41rayman2022-10-09 22:14

    And a front view

  42. #42rayman2022-10-09 22:20

    A Huber model 10D the engine appears to be a Leyland 350 model and why would you have turf tyres all around

  43. #43Welder Dave2022-10-11 19:19

    Better flotation/less compaction and possibly less soil disturbance in softer soils.