Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

The new G9190 SDLG maintenance grader

eqariu ยท 2014-10-22 02:14

The G9190 maintenance grader is a relatively new addition to the SDLG construction machinery family. Read more on details of the new grader here:

Replies32
  1. #1Graderfan19812015-03-13 18:24

    I think there are coming more grader types of SDLG in future, because they takeover the Volvo graders.

  2. #2cuttin edge2015-03-13 21:08

    SDLG is part of the Volvo group. They already manufacture wheel loaders for Volvo. They are going to take over the manufacturing of their graders as well. It's gonna cut over a thousand jobs at Volvo.

  3. #3Graderfan19812015-03-14 05:52

    Does someone know if they take over all exiting grader types from Volvo?

  4. #4Fatgraderman2015-03-14 18:49

    Is the transmission under the rear section of those?

  5. #5Fatgraderman2015-03-16 17:36

    I'm wondering if they are putting their own spin on graders. The front frame looks VERY Champion, but now that I've had a chance to see more pictures, there's some pretty big differences. But lord knows what we'll see in NA. The transmission isn't under the cab anymore, likely at the back where the Cat and JD's are. The trans listed is a ZF 6 speed. 6 speeds forwards and 3 reverse. I assume that's the same "ZF" that produced manual transmissions for Ford and GM pickups. The SDLG also uses a torque converter. But the engine in the paperwork they showed me was also the Deutz teir3, maybe the same one that the first generation of 930-960's come out with. I'm curious what we'll see over here.

  6. #6cuttin edge2015-03-17 18:35

    The draw bar looks Champion/Volvo. SDLGs own loaders look really different than the Volvo loaders they produce, so it's hard to say what will become of the grader I like.

  7. #7Graderfan19812015-03-20 16:04

    Have you seen more pictures from SDLG graders? Is there a website?

  8. #8cuttin edge2015-03-20 18:10

    There is a website for North America, but it only mentions loaders. http://www.constructionequipment.com/volvo-transfers-backhoe-loaders-motor-graders-sdlg . This is the article that talks about the transfer of manufacturing .

  9. #9Fatgraderman2015-03-20 19:13

    I just googled SDLG 9190 and then went to the images button. They did print off a brochure at the dealership for my boss but I think that was a machine spec'd for an African market. We wondered if part of the cab was based on the loader cab.

  10. #10cuttin edge2015-03-20 23:29

    Who is the dealer in Alberta.... Strongo

  11. #11Fatgraderman2015-03-21 00:00

    Yup. Strongco. The first link is a PDF, the second to the African site, If you hadn't had a chance to look at them http://www.sdlg-africa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/G9190-pb.pdf http://www.sdlg-africa.com/products/graders/g9190/ This is the one they printed off just to give my boss an idea what they might be like. http://www.sdlgindia.com/Lp888_files/9190 Broucher.pdf

  12. #12Fatgraderman2015-03-21 00:19

    And here's a pic or two I needed google's assistance to find. and this ones a "9220" And if you look up Shantui, they seem to have quite a Champion influence as well.

  13. #13cuttin edge2015-03-21 00:25

    From the front of the cab, it is without a doubt a Volvo. The funky shaped cab must be trying to copy a Cat. Wish they had the view from the drivers seat. I like having a clear view of the bumps ahead before my front end drops into them. If I stay working where I am, I should have no worries. My last grader was a 1990, so the next one won't be due until 2032.

  14. #14cuttin edge2015-03-21 00:36

    That Shantui is just a Volvo with the name removed. Like a 992 Deere, and a 400 Hitachi

  15. #15Fatgraderman2015-03-21 00:42

    So you had ran into them before. That was the first picture I had seen of one. But it sure looks like a pre-2003 Champion/ Volvo.

  16. #16Fatgraderman2015-03-21 00:46

    A couple guys that run "M" s on road construction complained about having trouble gauging stakes in them. I suppose that would be a problem with these as well.

  17. #17Graderfan19812015-03-21 05:55

    I wondered the last weeks, that Shantui looks very similar to the Volvo Graders, thanks for this the info @Fatgraderman Thanks for your links to the PDF

  18. #18cuttin edge2015-03-21 08:50

    No, that is the first picture I have seen as well. I am just judging at first glance. Pretty much identical except for the transmission position.

  19. #19Graderfan19812015-03-22 17:38

    This type seem to be new, last year I find only the G9190. The LGG918 was an older type which they have built.

  20. #20Fatgraderman2015-03-22 20:09

    I just repeated what come up with the Google image. I can't find anything on 9220 either, so likely I misinterpreted it and the picture is really of a 9190. Time will tell I guess.

  21. #21Graderfan19812015-03-25 14:00

    The 9220 weights a bit more like the 9190. dates from both you can find here: http://www.sdlg-africa.com/products/graders/

  22. #22Fatgraderman2015-03-25 18:24

    You managed to dig it up. When I went looking the second time, I couldn't find it. So I was concerned I had threw out bad info.

  23. #23Graderfan19812015-03-26 19:13

    No problem I have find this other type on their african website, on their main site and indian is only the 9190.

  24. #24Fatgraderman2015-03-30 22:46

    That 9220 looks pretty close to the first g940's in hp and weight. Not sure about the torque converter, but that's not the first time they been used in grader application, there must be a good reason for it. They can get a little hot in cat's, but it's not often a grader stuff's the moldboard and tries to move a hillside I guess.

  25. #25Graderfan19812015-03-31 09:23

    Here in Germany Graders move very often piles, we make here often bulldozer work, because they have front blades.

  26. #26Fatgraderman2015-03-31 15:48

    I suppose. No undercarriage to be constantly throwing money at, most of the time you don't have to haul them. Only German couple I got to know told me that I would be "an endangered species"- there just wasn't any gravel roads, or dirt roads, back alley's, or parking lots. Everything there was paved.

  27. #27Graderfan19812015-03-31 22:20

    In Germany 99 % of the graders have all front blades and 80% allwheel-drive, so we don't need dozers to knock down piles, only for heavyier earth moving works a bigger dozer. In Europe the front blade is very common, in russian countries too. When I see on pictures the first time a grder without a front blade, I wondered...looks for me not like a complete grader

  28. #28Graderfan19812015-10-11 13:58

    There are two new types from SDLG: G9165 http://bauma2014.sdlg.cn/en/detail.jsp?no=417 G9200 Here are all the types: http://www.china-sdlg.com/?page_id=57

  29. #29Graderfan19812015-10-25 12:56

    Here the new link with all the types: http://www.china-sdlg.com/products/motor-grader/

  30. #30Paystar2016-02-02 11:28

    I have already seen what is going to happen when Volvo sent their grader production to China. Our city which runs about 12 or 13 graders and all the townships and contractors have got rid of all their Volvo's and brought in brand new John Deere's. Wonder why no Cat's? Price maybe? We have a strong Cat dealer network here.

  31. #31Graderfan19812016-02-02 16:46

    I don't believe that SDLG have such a good success like Volvo. A good history of the Champion Graders is now died. Very sad!

  32. #32Paystar2016-02-02 18:55

    You are very right. Sad to see Champion gone. Hope Volvo doesn't do this to Mack too.