Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Listed my Backhoe for Sale

NH575E · 2025-09-21 08:27

I'm about finished with the project I purchased my backhoe for so I decided to try and sell it. If you folks knw anybody looking down in my area please share. Price is OBRO. If ad links are broken it was sold. THANKS! Facebook listing Craigslist listing

Replies16
  1. #1cosmaar12025-09-21 23:19

    NOOOOOOOOOOOO

  2. #2aighead2025-09-22 06:46

    Well, shucks.

  3. #3Swetz2025-09-22 10:03

    Makes me sad, but good luck!

  4. #4NH575E2025-09-22 12:34

    Last look it had almost 1500 views and no serious inquiries. I might break down and replace the orings on the brake line connection on the rear axle. I've done without them for all the time I've had it but no brakes are probably a deal killer for most.

  5. #5Swetz2025-09-22 12:36

    1 was mine...LOL

  6. #6aighead2025-09-22 14:56

    I checked out the CL listing, but I'm not in the market.

  7. #7NH575E2025-09-22 15:14

    I was looking back in my files and found photographic evidence my brake housings were leaking externally. I don't know why I never changed those orings to see if it would bleed out and have brakes. I know the rear end was overfilled indicating they had been leaking inside. I found it was easy to operate without them so I just never made it a priority. I will probably clean it up and replace those orings in a few days to see if that will be enough to get them working.

  8. #8stinky642025-09-23 08:24

    You can use the proceeds to get that "3rd" tractor you didn't want, now only 2nd tractor, Everybody needs a spare.

  9. #9highwayghost2025-09-23 08:31

    Reminds me of a dear departed friend, Earl, that always used to say… “A good man doesn’t need brakes!” And he practiced what he preached! We still get a good laugh when it’s repeated. Been there myself. It would be a good selling point to have brakes. ‘Good men’ getting harder to find! Good luck

  10. #10Swetz2025-09-23 13:53

    Be sure to update us on your progress.

  11. #11Welder Dave2025-09-24 02:08

    Definitely fix any minor things you can and the brakes. You won't get decent money without brakes and a buyer could want to strangle you (or even sue you) if they had a mishap because of no brakes. Reminds me of the poster who bought an older grader that popped out of gear on a hill and had no brakes. Extensive damage to the grader and he could have been injured very easily. Always fix the stuff you can unless it's more than the machine is worth. I've seen so many machines sell for cheap just because the seller couldn't spring a couple hundred bucks for a new seat. First impressions are important. If they can't even fix the seat, what else needs fixing??

  12. #12NH575E2025-09-24 09:04

    Well the brakes may be a deal killer and if so that is just the way it is. It's not like I have to sell it. The person I bought it from specifically told me the brakes were good and it showed up with them not working. He also said it was ready to work, ran good, and no leaks. It was spewing fluid out 10 feet from the right stabilizer and wouldn't stay running for 5 minutes when it arrived. I spent a lot of time and money sorting it out to the stage it is now and at the end of the day it was worth it to me vs trying to get any compensation from a dishonest seller. I still have less in it than I was quoted to do the work it has performed and I didn't have anything better to do in retirement so the machine doesn't owe me anything. Unlike the crook I bought it from I have disclosed the brakes don't work in the ad and it will be sold AS IS with NO WARANTY. Any prospective buyer and take it or leave it. I will refuse to sell it to anyone that doesn't come and see it in person. Whoever buys it will need to 1:accept it has no brakes or 2: decide they can fix them or have them fixed. I have learned my lesson about buying tractors without seeing and operating them in person. Although I bought this and my JD that way and was able to resurrect and get good use from both. Has anyone on here bought a used backhoe they didn't have to do any repairs on?

  13. #13stinky642025-09-24 09:40

    I have a damn near brand new 1976 case 580C because I rebuilt nearly every component from the rooter to the tooter, but the engine. Could explain in detail, but don't want to type for an hour. Got it cheap and kinda knew what I was in for so no harm no foul.

  14. #14JL Sargent2025-09-24 11:43

    But, you love the backhoe.

  15. #15HarleyHappy2025-09-25 10:55

    You can love the backhoe all you want but if you can’t foresee a future use for it, it will just rot into oblivion. Most of these machines need to be used, not unlike a motorcycle, that you never ride. I use mine for cash jobs and have the land that can basically support keeping the backhoe. I use it for snow removal and my 880’ driveway maintenance. When I get old enough, that I can no longer maintain it, it will be sold. Until then, I pick a major repair every spring and continue to improve it. Whomever gets this backhoe, after I’m gone, will be getting a helluva deal.

  16. #16JL Sargent2025-09-25 13:34