Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

My JD backhoe needs a new transmission/transaxle

TBuildit ยท 2025-09-20 15:58

I'm looking to replace my existing transaxle on my John Deere 401b 83 backhoe is their specific identification tag to find replacement? Or are the transaxles pretty standard?

Replies5
  1. #1LeakyBoot2025-09-21 21:37

    Have a 410B I am just starting to part out. Missouri location.

  2. #2TBuildit2025-09-21 23:25

    Do you happen to know what the condition the transmission is in? And what are you charging for it?

  3. #3LeakyBoot2025-09-22 07:04

    It was in operation when the owner passed away a few years ago. It has not been run since. The engine got some rainwater so just parting it out. Once I remove the external parts such as cylinders, pump, cooler, rear wheels, the main heavy parts such as reverser and trans I will sell quite cheap.

  4. #4TBuildit2025-09-22 10:13

    Do you happen to know what the average cost would be to ship it to Sacramento area?

  5. #5TBuildit2025-09-29 12:45

    When will you be removing the trans axle?