Gents, As I've been refurbishing a Galion 150a model, I've been looking at retrofitting with an LSI Robway system. Any experience with this system (anti 2block, slew, load cell, angle, boom reel, etc)....? Any input would be much appreciated as this is an investment (over $10k for wireless LSI......I can only imagine what the Hirschmann system costs) Thank you Bob
I'm not sure hirschman makes a system with the programmed load chart. You can get a boom angle, a2b, and load cell for around 5k. We have a couple wireless systems and they just are not as reliable as hard wired. They're just not. I think a cranesmart sytem runs around 10k. It does have have the programmed load chart. It's known as the top of the line for aftermarket LMI systems.
BobCatBob, Been following the whole rebuild, good job, nice work. I've got one question for ya though, what are you going to do with this baby? Been around the old galions my whole career and never saw one with any type of L.M.I. I don't know if they would be willing to program one for a 150. Keep up the good work!!
Thank you, I'll give them a call (the LSI system is about $12k uninstalled).
$12K for an LSI system seems pretty high. I would shop around a bit. A complete LSI system with load charts is $7936 here: http://bodetechnicalservices.com/trimble-lsi-gs-wireless-crane-system/
Thank you.
I wouldn't buy a lsi system, I've had poor luck with them, a cranesmart load cell and your boom angle indicator are all you really need. My issues with the lsi system- I had 3 of their wireless systems until about 3 years ago, the screen digits got bad (all three went bad within a year of each other), and the factory response was, "those are outdated, no parts available, we'll sell you a new one (for another $7,000)" "After all, we haven't made that system since 2001, so you really can't expect us to have parts for that old of a system, or support them any more"..... I didn't have the heart to tell them, it was installed on a crane from 1976, that might as well be the stone ages for them.
That's not good. Are they a China made product? I've refurbished my crane with either OEM (New old stock) or American made product (even the LED's are American, Rigid LED).
Dear I am getting an Indian systems for less than 2K! They seem fine and worth every penny! At least I am not getting complains from the safety officers of my clients and my operators! Do not rely on them to keep your crane safe, the first and last call is with your operator! So save your money! Regards
One more thing I have been in your situation, your crane and its operator decides what system to install! If they are experienced, you might not need any! If your crane is going to, clients with rigid, rigorous and strict safety officer you must have one! They are almost the same, the only really difference is, are they wired or wireless. By the way, there is no big of a difference between the prices, talking about the known ones, PAT, Trimble and raycowylie etc,. Regards
LSI was made in texas I think, Trimble (the laser people) bought them a couple years ago (I don't know if they're still made in the same place). The cranesmart guy is from canada, and its a little bit more expensive, but I think a better product.
Thank you. I haven't added a LMI system yet, but I'll give cranesmart a look for an A2B and boom angle (wireless). Much appreciated as always.
This is what I've used for verifying weight (old school dynamometer).....bad picture, but it registered 8,000lb's