Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Loader arm clearence

NWH ยท 2017-01-01 16:14

I have Takeuchi TL 240 loader that I need some information about. I believe the clearance between the loader arms and the attachment coupler to be too much. I would appreciate it if someone could give me the correct specs for this. The excessive clearance causes a terrible racket when operating on rough terrain. Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1skata2017-01-02 03:16

    are you talking about the attachment coupler moving side-to-side too much between the arms?

  2. #2NWH2017-01-02 16:53

    Yes that is exactly what I am referring to.

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2017-01-02 18:26

    You can put some washers or shims in it to tighten it up. To ease the clatter, try finding oversized "O" rings to fit where they will cushion the last little bit of movement, and as an added benefit it will keep the grease in and the dirt out.

  4. #4NWH2017-01-02 18:59

    I have factory shims but do not know the proper clearence. I suppose I will get it snug as possible but still have operating clearance ?