Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pre emission Ctl

Catbota ยท 2017-01-04 19:26

I would like to hear people's thoughts on what they think is the best pre emissions Ctl. I have a cat 247b and Kubota svl90-2. Both have been good, but the cat is going to need an undercarriage soon, so am thinking about selling it versus replacing the undercarriage. looking for a machine with a little more power than the 247b. And I am not opposed to a newer cat with the updated asv undercarriage. Type of work: logging and typical construction work. I also have no need for high flow. Thanks

Replies7
  1. #1f311fr12017-01-05 12:26

    Look at ASV RC85 and RC100 used. They are out there with less than 2000 hours. Almost all the 100's and some of the 85's have high flow. Parts are available from Track Loader Parts. TLP will also have undercarriage parts for your CAT. Bair also hase some inovative replacement parts for ASV/CAT 2*7 drive systems.

  2. #2Matty1802017-01-07 14:58

    Takeuchi are pretty good machines. And parts are pretty reasonable.

  3. #3skata2017-01-08 01:22

    those would be the last tracked machines i would recommend. and right off the bat, you're recomending where to buy parts for them. not a good sign. not sure how you can recommend them with a straight face. lol

  4. #4mikebramel2017-01-08 13:56

    Why not. I know a guy who has a fleet of them for landscaping. They pay for themselves many times over

  5. #5DIYDAVE2017-01-08 20:36

    I have an asv rc30, 2500 + hrs, no major problems. until you own one of each brand, and model, I tend to refrain from casting stones...

  6. #6movindirt2017-01-09 14:00

    If the MTL undercarriage is a must I would look at the 257 size Cat's, if you can use a CTL then I would look for a Takeuchi TL140/240/150/250/10/12 If you like your Kubota look for a SVL75. One question though, what makes you think your 247B is going to need a new undercarriage soon?

  7. #7f311fr12017-01-09 16:38

    I was talking about a used machine. Any used machine will need pats at some time. I also own a Cat 299D2 XHP as well as two ASV's. They are different machines with positives and negitives. You need to define your needs to make a decision.