Whats Loam going for in your area? I've got some aged loam some as young as 6 yrs and as old as 30? 40? yrs (old stump piles). I'm screening it down to 1/2" and it's coming out nice (black gold I've called five other contractors and the average price is $25.00 yrd delivered. My ? is, if this loam is aged and 1-pile I have added Lime and manure. Wouldn't that make it worth more or is loam-loam. Should I ask more? I'm in Franklin,Maine so would be nice to hear from someone around me also. Thanks, David
Sandy loam topsoil around here is 15 bucks a ton at the sand plants...this is the dirt of the top of the sand.... I don't know the cost of it delivered... I suppose you could add another 10 bucks a ton to get a delivery price... i don't think that's too far out of line Only reason I know is the price list on the wall at one of the sand plants It's run thru a small screening plant at one place...
David--If your calling material from old stump piles loam,that is incorrect--that would be compost,and if it's aged,that's why it's black,which is very good.I too market my composted horse manure as BLACK GOLD,sometimes I also screen it.Anyway, for what it's worth as I'm in the Hudson Valley in NY,I get $25 a yd.picked up for unscreened,$35 a yd for screened.Delivered app. $10 more per yd. Loam is a form of topsoil,usually sandy and around me, basically rock free,but not as potent as a richer ,heavier,and darker farm topsoil
we sell ours for 10$ a screened yrd delivery extra
We get $30 a yard, plus delivery for screened.