Looking for some guidance for local 4- Boston area. I recently made it to the final steps of the apprenticeship application process, interview is done. I am now waiting to hear back and it’s supposedly going to be by June 1. I’m just curious if anyone knows just how hard it is to get accepted into the program. I am a laborer with experience with a variety of machines and have my hoisting license. I am in my late 20s and really am eager to get this position and start learning. As far as I know, I tested well and interview went well. I am just looking for any guidance or information as I am starting to get antsy.
You're ahead of the game with your hoisting license. That shows them you've got some good relevant skills. Pay attention, ask questions and show a willingness to learn and I'm sure you'll have a really good shot at getting accepted. Just don't be a nuisance with too many questions.
Welcome to the Forums CK! Glad to have you.
Thank you! I’m Really hoping I get in.
I can't say how difficult it is. Best of luck to you and do please report back how it goes. Hope we can welcome you to the brotherhood.
Thanks man!
I'm at the other end of 32 years in the IUOE and on the home stretch now. It is good to hear from new folks stepping up in the trade.
Congrats! What an accomplishment.
Look around here, there are many cool stories and pictures of work. You may find a direction you want to go when you get done with your apprenticeship, and apprentice positions that are really fun and rewarding. Jobs that are outside the box of dozer/loader/excavator.