Hello all. I recently got accepted to the local 825 apprenticeship class coming up soon. I have a few questions. I currently work at PSEG gas division. I am in a tough decision to chose what job to do. Stay at PSEG or switch over to local 825? All of your guys input would be great. Fell free to ask questions
Not to stir things up, but I have a question, how much $ does the union siphon off of your paycheck? Don't need actual figures, just a percentage would do...
For local 825 or Pseg?
The wage rate for a Caterpillar 321C is $47.0 and the Benefit Package is $26.00 the benefit package includes vacation and annuity and is paid to the union. So in the envelope is $47.00 less taxes
either or both, just curious...
That is the "A" rate for Local 825, I do not know what PSE&G pay rates are.
$36.72 hr labor 37.90 machine operator $41 Foreman
I'm guaranteed 40 hrs a week. Paid vacation. But on a 40 hr week after you medical and 401k the check is weak. Right now there is alot of work but in the future the OT will be dried up. You can make $150k but you work alot of hours about 1300 overtime hours to make that.
If you're not serious, if you're not committed, don't do it. It takes a few years, so if you're not in it for the long haul, you won't make it.
I am committed. Just nervous about making the switch over. The part that makes me most nervous is the fact thinking you might not work for months at a time.