[URL=" http://juneauempire.com/local/2011-11-04/body-man-killed-thursday-crane-accident-recovered This is about all I know for sure. As the crane was going over Boyd Cody (the operator) tried to jump clear and some of his clothing caught on something inside not allowing him to clear the falling crane. He was crushed. Why the crane went over is still under investigation. The load was not large enough to be the main cause. Boyd had been a crane operator for as long as I knew him, over 30 years. I am sure he would not have tried to jump except the crane was going into the water which is 53 degrees and deep at the barge landing ware he was working. RIP Boyd Cody. Dwan
Link Repair http://juneauempire.com/local/2011-11-04/body-man-killed-thursday-crane-accident-recovered
I worked with Boyd when he first started at Trucano Const. in 1982. I helped him remove the third drum and rebuild the boom hoist on the 4000 Manitowoc I was running.I was amazed at his knowledge and ability. We were friends ever since. I saw him in Haines last month moving modular homes. He was one of the kindest and considerate person I knew. A very tragic loss for his family and and my home town. Dwan,Thank you for posting this. KK
My condolences to his loved ones. Such a tragic loss.