Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Local iuoe 150

bzee123 ยท 2024-08-15 13:41

So I have a few questions. My father joined local iuoe 150 in 1987..he retired in 2016 and did a 5 yr + certain pention plan. Early retirement 100% vested. He passed away 04/2024. They said that their is no more payments due from his pention,but my question is how could that be if he was still working? I even found a his dues card which was good until 03/31/24 (yhere might be a new one somewhere) his Local was in illinois on his card it says that on top but says district 7 which is in indiana(we live in indiana) i also found cn railsafe system badge (contractor)and cn fra214 railroad workplace safety cards and do you still pay dues when you are retired? They are claiming he was still retired so I'm a little confused how the 5+certain can be in affect If he continued to work. They had a worker retention program because they needed people to work. They said he was just making his pention payments higher? I also got mail important plan info from local 324 which was in Michigan. Does it all get consolidated? He was going to start collection s.s. in May. How could he be retired if he was still working?

Replies0

No replies yet.