Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Locktite Copper. The red label or grey?

emmett518 · 2021-10-21 18:28

Which Amazon locktite copper antiseize do I want? There is a red label and a grey one. thanks.

Replies10
  1. #1Vetech632021-10-21 18:49

    The one that’s copper

  2. #2emmett5182021-10-21 19:05

    They both appear to be copper. https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-5553...ze&qid=1634857443&sprefix=copper+anti&sr=8-17 https://www.amazon.com/Loctite-Copp...id=1634857521&sprefix=locktite+copper+&sr=8-3

  3. #3crane operator2021-10-21 19:27

    Won't make any difference, either one will end up all over everything- except for what you want it on.

  4. #4JLarson2021-10-21 23:27

    I think the one is more the retail, auto store, packaging, we always get the C5-A labeled bottles from our industrial suppliers.

  5. #556wrench2021-10-22 08:46

    I use Jet-Lube Copperkote. It seems to be the most common around here. Or for stainless hardware Jet-Lube Nikal

  6. #6CM19952021-10-22 09:59

    UGGHHH like this - There can be 1 open bucket of Hydrocide on a 1,000 acre job site that I'm on the other side of and I will get it on my pants, then all over the drivers seat of my truck by the time I get home.. Should be called "Homicide" as you'll want to kill somebody after using it..

  7. #71693TA2021-10-23 07:14

    You ain't lying there. We put that crap on a foundation for a new radar site in B'ham and it was all over the place whenever someone got close to the container.

  8. #81693TA2021-10-23 07:18

    I've used the "Jet-Lube" moly paste for several years on stainless hardware and it does a great job of keeping either 304, or 18-8 stainless from galling when it's tightened down. The C5-A Loctite product was always used when grounding or bonding was to take place and it worked well there. Again, using stainless hardware.

  9. #9Tinkerer2021-10-23 07:37

    The last time I bought Loctite anti-seize I couldn't find copper. So, I bought aluminum. Good Lord ! that stuff gets on everything within a 100 yards of the can. Sadly, the container seems like it will never go empty.

  10. #10grandpa2021-10-23 08:33