http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7115725 Years ago I almost bought one new but then went with the Lulls this was the forerunner of Gradall. If you look at the second pictures what is the piston in the front of the machine do? I forgot. I just bought a sales brochure of one on ebay. I just remember I bought a service manuel for one just for kicks on ebay. I guess late 70's machine? found this on the JLG site after a google Loed and Pettibone introduced the first telehandlers in the mid-1970s, but it took some time for them to gain acceptance and broad distribution. Loed was purchased by Gradall in 1982. And in 1999, Gradall became a division of JLG Industries. Today, JLG is the world’s largest manufacturer of telehandlers, with four telehandler brands: Gradall, Lull, SkyTrak and JLG.
Learned something new today. Never knew that Loed was the predecessor to the Gradall design. You can see lineage - rear steer, non-steer front axles and center mounted engine (although the engine looks traverse mounted). One big difference is the front wheels have their own drive motors independent as opposed to the Gradall straight front axle. Looks like the machine may have been a little before it's time, what year model is this one? The best I can tell is that cylinder is the frame tilt. It seems kinda strange but cylinder extended would pitch the machine to the left and vice versa. Doesn't seem like it would be very stable.
sent the guy selling it an email as to the year he may not know. I will look at the parts manual I bought. I forgot they were hydrostatic drive fron and rear till you mentioned it even though it was staring me in the face. Doubt he will get what he is asking or even close. I have a brochure on this machine from years ago in my office. Not sure what year the ebay one is I just bought as I never opened it yet. Went to link and it expired or was sold. If I was jay Leno I would have bought it for a collection piece. See it had the fender flap on the cab even way back then?
oldie with a tower http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7026783
1978 http://www.eliftruck.com/detail.asp?liftid=249176&RecordNumber=3 similar
I didn't notice that on the ol' girl. Those fenders make a good place to carry nails and staples. Interesting that Gradall kept the machine numbering. 534
I know the 532 is two wheel drive and 534 is 4 wheel drive. Mot sure what 5 & 3 mean. It must have meant something.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...104238&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT#ht_500wt_945
The 534 was the original Loed telehandler. Used a sidewinder engine arrangement, either gas or diesel. The drive was an open loop gear system with gear motors at each wheel. The drive system had a lot of valves, linkage, etc. All of the valves had to shift together or it didn't work very well :Banghead. Setting up the timing of the valves was a treat....NOT! The rear pivot steer axle was delicate and short lived. Required a lot of maintenance and fairly frequent bushing/pin replacement. But it worked. The sway was strange with the single cylinder raising/lowering the RH wheel end. Another strange but it worked deal. The ones I was around all had diesel engines. Cummins V555. They liked their fuel, lots of fuel. And noisy...yikes Loed actually designed the replacement for this machine, the model Gradall introduced as the 534B. This was the first machine with a conventional front axle driven from a powershift transmission with hydraulic assist rear drive. The model designation meant something: 5 - Loed Telehandler 3 - Lift capacity in tons 4 - Drive configuration There were also the monsters 552 & 554 which actually preceded the 534. A 542 model was also offered which was an industrial machine that never sold very well.
Thanks for the info. I almost bought one in the early 80's but then decided on Lulls. After what you said I am glad I did. Thanks for the facts!:drinkup
1980 Loed 534A-8 I have one of these in my inventory that I just sold. I tried to load it on the truck and spun the gears in one of the front drive transmissions. I cannot find parts anywhere. does anyone know where to get parts? If it helps I have a parts diagram with part numbers available. any help would be very appreciated. Thanks Isaac
I guess JLG has none as they own Gradall now. Young Equipment on ebay advertises parts for them.
parts I have not been able to find Youngs equipment do you have any contact info for them. thanks
they were not on ebay but I found them http://www.go-youngs.com/ It took a while to find searching. probably a long shot. try searching gradall salvage or gradalls for sale you may find one being parted out. Post in the general section with diagram, may be the piece is used in other equipment types. You will have more exposure there also.
Hi everybody i need manual operation catalog for HAtz diesel 3141 ,c . please if any one have it send it to me . my e-mail ( [email protected] )
Hello everyone. New user. My company just picked up a loed 534. Hydraulic system needs flushed for sure. Looks like a nightmare. Any suggestions?
how much of a flush? What happen? I mean you can dump fluids and filter or have to do a real though flush with the pistons included I would guess under certain circumstances.
Good Evening Isaac, My name is John and I have a Forklift 534 serial number 205 and I am looking for a part diagram or manual. Is there anyway that you can help us? here is my email if so [email protected]