Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Log Dump Video from Ladysmith Vancouver Island Canada

TimeLapse ยท 2012-11-24 11:32

I thought loggers would like to see how we do somethings around here in British Columbia Canada. This video shows how to unload 700 truck loads of logs in seconds,Please leave a comment. [video=youtube;HH1rhkbWxhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH1rhkbWxhM[/video]

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies21
  1. #1Dozerboy2012-11-24 11:38

    I don't want to be on that ship while its unloading.

  2. #2TimeLapse2012-11-24 11:59

    It does move quickly,I know this sounds crazy,But I would like to film the log dump from inside the crane and 4 other angles on that barge,But from mounted cameras, So if anybody from Seaspan managment sees this message,Please leave me a note here and I will make the film for your company. Thanks for watching Dozerboy

  3. #3Dualie2012-11-26 02:32

    all i can think of when i see those logs his the water is the scene from godfather, "NOW CLEAN IT UP!"

  4. #4trakloader2012-11-26 17:20

    When the log ships, Haida Monarch and Haida Brave, were in service, the crews actually stayed aboard during dumps. The ships had additional ballast tanks, though, so they settled into the water deeper before tipping. They were more stable than the barges.

  5. #5trakloader2012-11-26 17:22

    Incidentally, that barge used to be the Haida Monarch, when they made her a towed barge she became Seaspan Survivor

  6. #6TimeLapse2012-11-26 19:22

    Log Dump Barge Thanks for adding info on how it use to be back in the day Always like to hearing these stories on this stuff,And thanks for watching the video

  7. #7TimeLapse2012-11-26 19:26

    Time Lapse Loading Logs on Ship Nanaimo Harbor Vancouver Island Canada,More Canadian jobs going bye bye,Please comment [video=youtube;KPsRRdSVXrY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPsRRdSVXrY[/video]

  8. #8trakloader2012-11-27 02:50

    I used to love watching the log ships load, they were so neat.

  9. #9trakloader2012-11-27 02:52

    If you want, you can watch my video of Haida Monarch loading on the Queen Charlotte Islands. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnZfGYjurSM

  10. #10TimeLapse2012-11-27 10:43

    log dump video from ladysmith Vancouver island canada Thanks for link,I have seen this video,and every other log dump,cool stuff,after seeing these videos I,went and filmed a log dump myself, I just waited at home and watch the web marinetraffic.com seen that a tug boat circling,Then drive out there to film it .I really want to film this from the barge, I just checked the web site,there is a tug boat that just showed up,the dump is going to happen in about 2 hours

  11. #11donkey doctor2012-11-27 11:37

    Thanks for the info on the Monarch. Didn't realize it was her I see dumping in Ladysmith quite often. I was 'loaned' by Madill many years ago to go down to Esquimalt dry dock to advise and assist on removal, rebuild, and reinstall the witchata water cooled brakes in the cranes. Quite an experience for someone who hates heights as they were outside the crane house. A little different than working on yarders and log loaders in the woods but a very interesting change. The guys that were doing the crane maintenance were the loading crew so it was a learning opportunity for me to find out a little about their jobs as well. Regards d.d.

  12. #1269hayes2012-11-27 11:45

    My Brother was a head loader for Seaspan for 30 plus years, he told me a story of a guy wanting to ride the barge when it dumped and video record the event, this was years ago when the barge would pop out from under the load and skip across the water, well he ties himself to the top of one of the cranes for the event but it was so violent a ride he dropped the camera and hung on for his life.

  13. #13TimeLapse2012-11-27 11:56

    Yea ,This Barge is not the Monarch,I think it is Seaspan Barge Hercules

  14. #14TimeLapse2012-11-27 11:59

    If anybody has pictures or videos of any log barges,Please post there here,

  15. #15580bruce2012-11-27 21:07

    That is amazing! Who came up with that idea?!

  16. #16TimeLapse2013-02-11 21:40

    I don't know but it works

  17. #17camptramp2014-02-23 23:41

    rwt check out this video of the log barge dumping , then there are other video's . One series is eight video's of "old time logging " check out the end of #7 and start of #8 it show's scenes of San Jaun Bay at the old railroad dump at the oil dock ,passed your old house at the break water.

  18. #18TimeLapse2014-02-23 23:45

    Here is a slow motion version of the log dump [video=youtube;b5MvNNie_lQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5MvNNie_lQ[/video]

  19. #19Greatwestcam2014-02-24 23:45

    log barge Here are some barges that came into McClinton Bay QCI. Capt. Bob with the Hercules., Haida Brave

  20. #20TimeLapse2014-02-25 00:22

    Cool Pictures of the Hercules before she go a repaint ,What year were the pictures from ?

  21. #21Greatwestcam2014-02-25 21:25

    That would have been 1987