Always cool to see different combination's.
Kinda like this one. Prentice 410 mounted on an old mixer truck.
Barko Log Loaders on Trucks I have hundreds (probably thousands) of pictures showing truck-mounted log loaders -and yarders too.. Here are 5 pics- all Barko machines- on some ugly-ass trucks.
You were not kidding. Those are some rough look loaders and trucks. We had an old one (bout the same time as the Barko 450). It was a yellow machine but was not a Cat or Barko and was mounted on an 70's Mack.
They used to mount them on trucks here but now they are mounted on trailers.Would show a pic but file to big.
I never understood why trailer mounted loaders became so popular.
An old Hayes log loader truck from late 40's and Mack B-model - both were captured at Mesachie Lake on VI Summer 2005
I think the main reason was you had more maintenance.The trailer can be moved around in the woods with a skidder then hooked to a truck for highway moves.Most of the trucks here were either wore out or to expensive.Insurance might have been a factor too.
I tried to post my truck but can't so i sent a picture to hayesno1 to hopefully post for me! This is what i haul with up here in maine
Woodhauler; Pictures of your truck
Thank You!!!!! Haven't seen any self loader trucks on here! iTS A 2006 WESTERNSTAR with a 515 detroit and a 18 speed! Loader is a2010 rotobec elite 80. I haul around 80,000 pounds gross weight! Us3ed to haul heavier but the fines are crazy up here!
Woodhauler; Your welcome! ´Pics show Western Star self loader, Mack B71 loader and Hayes Clipper 200 with self loader. All pics shot in Mainland BC summer 2005.
Heres a couple self loaders parked outside of Port McNeill. The truck in the 1st pic is the same truck hayesno1 posted a pic of, near beaver cove, in the KW 848, 849, 850 thread. I dont know if the second truck is a KW as well
I still remember when the B Models were all running strong. If you had a 673 and a turbo, you were considered a big dog. Until you got the urge to hit the Jake. Then you were SOL. Then came the 220 Cummins, and things got better...
RJE; Yes same truck I posted pics of. The other could be a KW as well. Last year I saw 2 KW selfloaders were for sale. They might be those you posted pics of above. Here are pics of Hayes HDX preloader summer 2004 at Sayward. Sadly I have not seen that trucks since.
I found those 2 KW - they are still for sale - see link http://www.victoriasuperads.com/hea...70_Kenworth__850_Self_Loading_Log_Trucks.aspx
More of the same trucks
Here's a real jewel! My buddy's Jeff and Jeremy bought this thing for 500 bucks about 15 years ago. Jeremy still uses it to deck with on his little farmer patch jobs he does.
Here is a P&H 6x6 with a Hyhoe loader .It was bought in Prince George at a R/B auction and shipped to Revelstoke by rail in 1981 . pictures taken in the Goldstream Valley
^That thing is ancient looking^
Here are two pictures of same 160 barko taken 30 years apart. I had sold the loader back in the 80's, bought it back not long ago from the widow.
Also had a couple United loaders one small one on a peterbilt and a very large one on an old off highway KW with an old iron lung 275. To move it we had to remove the counterweight and put on a single axle booster.
Found this on the web . i'm pretty sure its a one of kind
Cool, Your riggin' shack and shovel all in one place....
Ya its quite the rig . Wonder if the lights flash red when loading
Wow, that is quite the machine!!! Imagine - you could haul the kids to school and then go load a few logs before picking them up again! Love it!
Trying to breath some life back in too this thread.
bump!
Here is a 250 Barko from a couple of weeks ago.
Found this beauty last summer.
That is a Great looking truck