Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mobark 6600 Infeed extension

jjoyce1985 · 2010-12-29 14:19

Has anyone built an infeed extension for a mobark 6600 tracked horizontal grinder?

Replies3
  1. #1JeremiahSr2010-12-29 14:29

    No. I am doing alot to 1 now. Rebuilt the TwinDisc clutch. All new infeed chains, welded the chain drive clogs. Fixed a bunch of wiring probs. Serviced everything. Changing out the grate around the rotor. Changing a bunch of teeth on rotor. This 1 is a 2007 model and was not takin care of at all. Why are you wanting to extend it? The wheeled models have a 35' feed and the track has a 25' i believe. You are wanting to stretch it to the 35' length? That is going to add additional 50' of chain when they need replaced. I have some pics of this one but can't get them on computer right now.

  2. #2jjoyce19852010-12-29 14:47

    Were in the process of rebuilding one ourselves, same year and sounds like we’re working on the same things. Except for the cracked hyd tank I have to deal with. I was look at the 10 cy hopper and thinking how I could get addition capacity without adding chain and keeping the wood off the ground. I was thinking about an elevated extension that folds with hyd cylinders

  3. #3JeremiahSr2010-12-29 15:03

    Yea...build it just like the front conveyor frame and let it fold into feed bay. Maybe add 2 more banks to the valve in the front so you can hand operate hydraulics same as conveyor. That is huge though! If you decide to tackle that post some pics up here. I'd like to see how it comes out.