Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Logging Cartoons

El Gordo · 2018-12-24 12:41
Replies501
  1. #1El Gordo2018-12-24 12:47
  2. #2JPV2018-12-24 13:04

    I love the little details, those are great! Thanks for sharing, they hit pretty close to home.

  3. #3John Shipp2018-12-24 14:44

    Brilliant! Love the "cat's thrown a track in a mudhole", that is the true nightmare of the job. Lol

  4. #4Hank R2018-12-24 17:53

    Brilliant i can not even draw a stick man. Great skill you have thanks for sharing with us.

  5. #5El Gordo2018-12-24 18:34
  6. #6El Gordo2018-12-24 18:36

    I'm Glad you Guys are enjoying the cartoons.....That's what makes my Day......

  7. #7Theweldor2018-12-24 18:38

    They are excellent!!

  8. #8HD Mech2018-12-24 21:05

    Awesome cartoons! The “Cat in the mud hole” brings back memories! Hilarious! Merry Christmas!

  9. #9camptramp2018-12-25 00:11

    A terrific sense of humor , the ability to draw cartoons and the years of experience in the "Bush" are an awesome combination . I have your book "Camp Inspector" , its great read EL GORD . I keep it on my do not lend out shelve . Merry Christmas to All and to All a good night .

  10. #10thepumpguysc2018-12-25 04:50

    Pretty Funny Gordo.. Keep it up & Merry Christmas..

  11. #11El Gordo2018-12-25 06:29

    THANKS EVERYONE AND MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL......

  12. #12El Gordo2018-12-25 08:59
  13. #13El Gordo2018-12-25 09:03
  14. #14El Gordo2018-12-25 10:12
  15. #15El Gordo2018-12-25 11:53
  16. #16El Gordo2018-12-25 12:20
  17. #17camptramp2018-12-25 12:38

    ROFL

  18. #18JPV2018-12-25 14:56

    Rock-it priceless!

  19. #19El Gordo2018-12-25 17:59
  20. #20Wytruckwrench2018-12-25 18:49

    Great cartoons! Merry Christmas!!

  21. #21petepilot2018-12-25 20:35

    second that

  22. #22Hallback2018-12-25 22:44
  23. #23El Gordo2018-12-26 06:30
  24. #24El Gordo2018-12-26 08:48
  25. #25El Gordo2018-12-26 11:42
  26. #26El Gordo2018-12-26 11:49
  27. #27El Gordo2018-12-26 13:28
  28. #28El Gordo2018-12-26 17:02

    THAT'S ALL FOLKS... FOR NOW...HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY AND BE SAFE OUT THERE...EL GORDO

  29. #29Camshawn2018-12-26 21:10

    These cartoons made my day! Keep up the good work. Cam

  30. #30camptramp2018-12-26 23:49

    El Gord You certainly rekindle memories of event's from 40 + years of "Working in the Bush" . Many didn't seem so funny at the time . Your Humorous lean on things related to the West Coast Forest Industry in your time in the "Woods" sheds a different light on those memories and a smile on my face . From my prospective , things in the Forest Industry are going to Hell in a hurry . But to those now starting out in the Forest Industry , these will be the "Good Old Day's" . I hope there is someone around to see the Humorous side of things when those fellow's are our age . Well Done !

  31. #31El Gordo2018-12-27 12:23
  32. #32El Gordo2018-12-30 10:08
  33. #33El Gordo2018-12-30 12:47
  34. #34El Gordo2018-12-30 18:31
  35. #35RZucker2018-12-30 20:45

    I was enjoying this thread... Til the NRA cartoon came up and turned my stomach. You guys north of the border may have given up your rights... I won't. Been a life member of the NRA since I was a year old thanks to Dad. They aren't the best we have at times to protect our rights, but I still stand by them. Some stupid people think they promote gun violence... No they do not. Anyway, my last visit here.

  36. #36hvy 1ton2018-12-30 20:50

    One of the funny things about Canada is it is easier to own 'cool guns' than here. Short Barrel Rifles, Short Barrel Shotguns, etc, take the same paperwork as a normal AR-15. Which is a chunk of paperwork up there, but still less than getting NFA tax stamps. There are a bunch of restrictions on what you can do with those guns, but I always found that odd.

  37. #37RZucker2018-12-30 21:32

    Wasn't my point.

  38. #38Welder Dave2018-12-30 23:44

    I think tougher restrictions on who can purchase/own what type of guns would go a long way. Too many are getting into the wrong hands. My dad was a master marksman and competed in many NRA sponsored events in the US. When he lied about his age to join the WW II effort, he took a couple shots and they said he didn't need any training. They told him to go the kitchen... to peel potatoes! He transferred to the Air Force because he didn't want to be a sniper. Training in planes he hit the target so they extended it. Head instructor thought nobody was that good so went up with him. My dad fired a few rounds into the target and then turned the guns down and emptied the rest of his ammo because he didn't want to peel potatoes again. He was the tail gunner in a Halifax bomber and the only survivor. He was blown out where the tail wheel goes up. His key job wasn't to shoot German planes down. It was to warn the pilot of other aircraft. His crew had a rule that they wouldn't let any aircraft (enemy or allies) fly directly behind them.

  39. #39RZucker2018-12-31 00:17

    Really? and just why? More regulations and laws wont do ****, except punish law abiding gun owners like me. Never shot anybody and don't intend to. So REALLY... Tell me why you think more regulations on honest gun owners will make a difference? Come on, Tell all of us.

  40. #40Plebeian2018-12-31 05:55

    Watch the Jim Jeffries - gun control video on yt sometime. There are already 3d designs for 3D printable AR -15s. Need to ban 3d printers before the criminals get their hands on 3D printers? probably already too late. The cynics might say 'there needs to be better ammunition control'. Probably back street shop make/ remanufacture that too.

  41. #41thepumpguysc2018-12-31 06:35

    Boy oh boy.. This "FUNNY CARTOON" took a real dark turn somewhere.. Lets drop this topic fellas.. & let the man make his cartoons.. Humor is subjective.. remember THAT.. This is NOT the forum to debate this topic..

  42. #42Delmer2018-12-31 09:18

    I thought the gun pacifier was funny, wanna get me one a them! Of all the things to get offended about, that's pretty low on the list, even just in this thread. 'course I'm still trying to figure out why you're makin fun of the faller feller that's so cheap?

  43. #43Hallback2018-12-31 10:04

    The guy was showcasing his artwork & comedic talent, not political views so let's keep it at that. Next thing you know somebody's 300-pound diesel burn'n old lady's going to be on here screaming how she was offended by a cartoon.

  44. #44El Gordo2018-12-31 10:13
  45. #45furpo2018-12-31 16:31

    Fantastic Gord. I particularly like the truck driver one. We have a saying down here that if the driver can turn himself around then he can turn his truck around there too

  46. #46El Gordo2019-01-01 12:44
  47. #47El Gordo2019-01-01 17:44
  48. #48El Gordo2019-01-01 18:06
  49. #49El Gordo2019-01-02 16:58
  50. #50El Gordo2019-01-05 06:37
  51. #51El Gordo2019-01-05 11:47
  52. #52El Gordo2019-01-09 10:28
  53. #53El Gordo2019-01-11 13:10
  54. #54El Gordo2019-01-14 13:32
  55. #55El Gordo2019-01-17 08:51
  56. #56El Gordo2019-01-19 12:26
  57. #57El Gordo2019-02-04 13:17
  58. #58wornout wrench2019-02-04 15:24

    Gord, you need to draw one up for all the loggers freezing their *&%$'s off today.

  59. #59El Gordo2019-02-04 16:59
  60. #60El Gordo2019-02-21 10:12
  61. #61El Gordo2019-02-21 12:56
  62. #62El Gordo2019-02-21 18:32
  63. #63El Gordo2019-02-22 12:00
  64. #64El Gordo2019-02-22 12:46
  65. #65petepilot2019-02-23 16:16

    wow i`d have headed for the woods too

  66. #66El Gordo2019-02-23 17:28
  67. #67El Gordo2019-02-24 12:42
  68. #68El Gordo2019-02-24 12:53
  69. #69El Gordo2019-02-25 08:46
  70. #70El Gordo2019-02-26 12:14
  71. #71El Gordo2019-02-26 12:37
  72. #72El Gordo2019-03-02 12:39
  73. #73El Gordo2019-03-03 13:24
  74. #74El Gordo2019-03-08 06:38
  75. #75El Gordo2019-03-18 17:10
  76. #76Blk prince2019-03-18 18:54

    There was only one Ed

  77. #77BTC2019-03-18 23:55

    I will second that. Only one BIG BIRD

  78. #78El Gordo2019-03-24 12:38
  79. #79Blk prince2019-03-24 14:22

    Another job well done brother Barney

  80. #80El Gordo2019-03-31 18:19
  81. #81El Gordo2019-04-08 17:54
  82. #82El Gordo2019-04-09 12:05
  83. #83El Gordo2019-04-09 12:06
  84. #84El Gordo2019-04-22 18:53
  85. #85hoechucker2019-04-26 23:33

    I said the same thing just after I turned a shovel over for the second time logging steep ground.... That was a Thursday, wasn't doing it anymore,was was worth it...... Monday morning I finished the steep ground like it never happened and haven't missed a day since. I don't know if that is a good thing or just stubbornness

  86. #86El Gordo2019-04-30 14:43
  87. #87El Gordo2019-05-05 13:20
  88. #88El Gordo2019-05-07 13:16
  89. #89El Gordo2019-05-17 08:44
  90. #90El Gordo2019-05-23 13:28
  91. #91El Gordo2019-05-23 17:23
  92. #92El Gordo2019-05-23 18:20
  93. #93El Gordo2019-05-26 18:44

    View attachment 197178 View attachment 197178 View attachment 197179

  94. #94thepumpguysc2019-05-26 19:22

    That's some good stuff Gord.. How do u find the time.??

  95. #95El Gordo2019-05-27 12:25

    I'm retired from Logging now and have had 3 strokes so I have nothing but time to draw cartoons...even though my right hand is not as steady as it once was....

  96. #96El Gordo2019-05-27 12:33
  97. #97El Gordo2019-05-27 13:00
  98. #98Hank R2019-05-27 15:25

    Sorry to hear about your health issues but we are so lucky that you can do your excellent Cartoons first thing I check every morning. Thanks for the chuckle every day.

  99. #99El Gordo2019-05-27 17:41
  100. #100El Gordo2019-05-28 08:53
  101. #101jSCULLy2019-05-28 09:45

    This is awesome! nice work. really entertaining

  102. #102El Gordo2019-05-28 12:21

    Thanks Guys...I love doing it....

  103. #103El Gordo2019-05-28 12:25
  104. #104El Gordo2019-05-28 12:46
  105. #105El Gordo2019-05-28 13:37
  106. #106El Gordo2019-05-29 12:31
  107. #107El Gordo2019-05-30 12:21
  108. #108El Gordo2019-05-30 12:22
  109. #109El Gordo2019-05-30 12:41
  110. #110wornout wrench2019-05-30 14:52

    Yes to Toba. Brem River. 91/92 Somewhere in that time frame

  111. #111El Gordo2019-05-30 18:13

    I worked in Brem in the late 80's I think....and Chusan and Mac Creek before that....Interfor up in Kitimat after that...

  112. #112wornout wrench2019-05-30 19:29

    I was at Brem same time that you were. Remember you well. The wall of shame in the cookhouse with all of your cartoons was priceless.

  113. #113El Gordo2019-05-30 20:44

    There was lots of material to work with up in that camp....It was a lot of fun....

  114. #114wornout wrench2019-05-31 00:22

    Ray the Rat was my favorite

  115. #115El Gordo2019-05-31 08:44

    Poor old Ray the Rat has gone to the big welding shop in the sky...Not too many left any more....

  116. #116El Gordo2019-06-01 17:29
  117. #117El Gordo2019-06-01 17:44
  118. #118El Gordo2019-06-02 17:55
  119. #119El Gordo2019-06-11 12:04
  120. #120El Gordo2019-06-11 12:17
  121. #121El Gordo2019-06-14 14:20
  122. #122El Gordo2019-06-15 12:59
  123. #123El Gordo2019-06-17 11:59
  124. #124El Gordo2019-06-17 12:47
  125. #125El Gordo2019-06-18 13:03
  126. #126El Gordo2019-06-19 18:27
  127. #127El Gordo2019-06-20 12:23
  128. #128El Gordo2019-06-20 14:30
  129. #129El Gordo2019-06-20 18:44
  130. #130Theweldor2019-06-20 21:49

    I have to admit, You are very creative !!! I enjoy these very much.

  131. #131El Gordo2019-06-21 06:36

    Thanks for the comment on my cartoons I appreciate them...At least I know that somebody likes them....They are fun to draw...when I get an idea that pops into my tiny Old Logger's Brain and I go forward with my sketch....

  132. #132El Gordo2019-06-21 13:55
  133. #133Bumpsteer2019-06-21 23:23

    Good stuff Gord, one laugh per day I can count on! Ed

  134. #134El Gordo2019-06-22 08:51
  135. #135El Gordo2019-06-23 12:54
  136. #136El Gordo2019-06-23 13:07
  137. #137El Gordo2019-06-24 13:30
  138. #138El Gordo2019-06-24 13:31
  139. #139El Gordo2019-06-25 12:06
  140. #140El Gordo2019-06-26 10:29
  141. #141El Gordo2019-06-27 10:00
  142. #142El Gordo2019-06-28 10:04
  143. #143El Gordo2019-06-30 11:41
  144. #144Camshawn2019-06-30 21:59

    Thank you El Gordo! You give us a good laugh most evenings. Cam and Shawn

  145. #145El Gordo2019-07-01 06:39
  146. #146El Gordo2019-07-03 12:41
  147. #147El Gordo2019-07-05 13:18
  148. #148El Gordo2019-07-06 17:41
  149. #149El Gordo2019-07-08 08:15
  150. #150El Gordo2019-07-08 13:34
  151. #151El Gordo2019-07-10 12:53
  152. #152El Gordo2019-07-10 12:54
  153. #153El Gordo2019-07-11 12:04
  154. #154El Gordo2019-07-11 12:05
  155. #155El Gordo2019-07-13 08:38
  156. #156El Gordo2019-07-13 12:22
  157. #157El Gordo2019-07-13 12:23
  158. #158El Gordo2019-07-14 12:35
  159. #159El Gordo2019-07-15 09:53
  160. #160El Gordo2019-07-15 18:04
  161. #161El Gordo2019-07-16 08:46
  162. #162El Gordo2019-07-18 13:29
  163. #163El Gordo2019-07-22 17:44
  164. #164El Gordo2019-07-25 14:49
  165. #165El Gordo2019-07-26 14:31
  166. #166El Gordo2019-07-26 14:36
  167. #167El Gordo2019-07-29 13:08
  168. #168El Gordo2019-08-05 13:21
  169. #169El Gordo2019-08-05 13:22
  170. #170El Gordo2019-08-06 13:22

    Business Card from the Traveller's Hotel in Ladysmith from the 1940's

  171. #171El Gordo2019-08-06 19:52
  172. #172El Gordo2019-08-08 11:53
  173. #173El Gordo2019-08-09 10:00
  174. #174El Gordo2019-08-09 10:02
  175. #175El Gordo2019-08-12 17:57
  176. #176El Gordo2019-08-13 18:01
  177. #177El Gordo2019-08-14 17:35
  178. #178El Gordo2019-08-16 06:33
  179. #179El Gordo2019-08-16 12:38
  180. #180El Gordo2019-08-18 13:15
  181. #181El Gordo2019-08-19 08:43
  182. #182El Gordo2019-08-21 09:59
  183. #183El Gordo2019-08-21 10:00
  184. #184El Gordo2019-08-22 18:35
  185. #185El Gordo2019-08-28 13:10
  186. #186El Gordo2019-08-30 11:36
  187. #187El Gordo2019-08-30 12:36
  188. #188El Gordo2019-09-01 12:58
  189. #189El Gordo2019-09-03 14:20
  190. #190petepilot2019-09-03 21:46

    gord` we need to see your rendition of a brush hag

  191. #191kshansen2019-09-04 09:59

    Or maybe NOT!

  192. #192El Gordo2019-09-04 11:51

    One Bush Hag Coming Up.....

  193. #193El Gordo2019-09-04 11:52
  194. #194kshansen2019-09-04 13:58

    petepilot, did you real need to ask for that? Now the animal rights people will be picketing Heavy Equipment Forum!

  195. #195wornout wrench2019-09-04 14:53

    Pretty sure she was a cooking in one of the camps I was at

  196. #196El Gordo2019-09-04 17:28

    This is Probably what your Cook Looked Like

  197. #197El Gordo2019-09-04 17:29
  198. #198Welder Dave2019-09-04 22:02

    Brush or bush?

  199. #199petepilot2019-09-05 20:42

    that gal could eat peas out of a jug lol

  200. #200chroniekon2019-09-05 23:52

    And corn on the cob through a picket fence

  201. #201El Gordo2019-09-06 12:53
  202. #202Tugger22019-09-06 20:36

    Hey Gord Whats your take on this worksafe business of seatbelts on all the golf carts? Will people in wheel chairs be their next target? I think they have finally shown their true colors.

  203. #203El Gordo2019-09-06 20:47

    I don't think I should touch that one...Cartooning people in Wheel chairs with seat belt on.....I don't want to get Sued....But I have a cartoon about it in my head at this moment.....

  204. #204El Gordo2019-09-07 17:45
  205. #205El Gordo2019-09-07 18:58
  206. #206Tugger22019-09-07 22:21

    I dont blame you on that , my jab was aimed at these safety people that never run out of ideas to complicate our lives. Safety is no joke , but golf carts come on.

  207. #207kshansen2019-09-08 10:08

    I'm just waiting to hear they are going to be requiring these on all electric outlets in the plant: https://www.amazon.com/Outlet-Plug-...t=&hvlocphy=9005091&hvtargid=pla-780866787764

  208. #208El Gordo2019-09-09 13:16
  209. #209El Gordo2019-09-11 09:44
  210. #210El Gordo2019-09-12 15:54

    Updated Cartoon since the Elections was called

  211. #211Welder Dave2019-09-13 00:25

    People would pay a lot more for the politicians attitude adjustments.

  212. #212El Gordo2019-09-13 08:41
  213. #213El Gordo2019-09-14 18:45
  214. #214El Gordo2019-09-15 12:49
  215. #215El Gordo2019-09-15 18:45

    This was real news this morning on the Atlanta news station while I was doing my exercises at 5:30 a.m.. A woman showed a Bullet Proof Backpack that you can buy for your child for $450...And they can't keep them in Stock she said...How Sad is that.......So that is where I got the Idea for the cartoon...Which I agree is not funny when little Children have to be protected by a Bullet Proof Back Pack just to walk to school.......

  216. #216El Gordo2019-09-17 14:44
  217. #217El Gordo2019-09-17 14:45
  218. #218El Gordo2019-09-20 18:10
  219. #219El Gordo2019-09-24 13:12
  220. #220Randy882019-09-25 23:33

    Great cartoons, keep them coming

  221. #221El Gordo2019-09-27 12:37
  222. #222John C.2019-09-27 21:13

    When I was going to Alaska all the time, those guys were called tramps. They would tramp between all the logging camps all the times. Getting fired was called getting tramped. I love your cartoons. There is just so much truth in them.

  223. #223petepilot2019-09-27 21:46

    my wife commented` the bush hag looked just like someone she knows

  224. #224hoechucker2019-09-30 10:29

    Quitting is also called tramping

  225. #225El Gordo2019-09-30 17:22
  226. #226El Gordo2019-10-01 17:56
  227. #227El Gordo2019-10-02 18:05
  228. #228El Gordo2019-10-04 06:01
  229. #229thepumpguysc2019-10-04 09:13

    Lol.!! hadta googel it.. but still funny.. JAG-MEAT SING.. that's funny right there, I don't care who ya are..

  230. #230El Gordo2019-10-04 18:28
  231. #231El Gordo2019-10-05 12:45
  232. #232El Gordo2019-10-07 17:54
  233. #233El Gordo2019-10-11 17:41
  234. #234El Gordo2019-10-16 13:17
  235. #235El Gordo2019-10-17 12:36
  236. #236El Gordo2019-10-17 15:31
  237. #237El Gordo2019-10-20 18:47
  238. #238El Gordo2019-10-22 18:40
  239. #239thepumpguysc2019-10-23 03:50

    BTW Gord, How are the oil sands holding up.?? They were a real big news article for about a year here in the States but fizzled out.. Are they still going strong up there.??

  240. #240El Gordo2019-10-23 06:04

    Oil sands are still in the News now and again...Alberta wants to build another pipeline from Ft MacMurray to Vancouver so that has been in the news a lot....

  241. #241Welder Dave2019-10-23 11:49

    Oilsands are going but at lower capacity. The oil industry in Alberta overall is really hurting. BC gov't. and some other groups are fighting the Trans Mountain Pipeline expansion to get triple the Alberta oil to port. Quebec has basically blocked a pipeline going through their province and somehow figures it's better to buy Saudi oil. I get some people are opposed to pipelines but like it or not the world runs on oil. There are thousands and thousands of pipelines carrying natural gas to heat homes but nobody complains about those. Hmmm

  242. #242Plebeian2019-10-23 20:43

    I will have to check for other information sources to support this article. Quebec refineries appear to be (in 2017) using mainly US and Canadian crude, with lesser quantities of Algerian crude (and other sources) https://www.nationalobserver.com/2018/11/13/news/guess-where-quebec-gets-its-oil Gas pipelines if they rupture can cause problems but oil pipelines can cause larger problems if they fail. Pipelines etc https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/0...ive-options-for-oil-transport-transformation/ Be interesting to see how far the Canadians get with their thorium project http://www.thoriumpowercanada.com/

  243. #243Welder Dave2019-10-23 21:37

    Even if that is correct Quebec is getting over 1/2 it's oil from foreign countries when we have more than enough in Canada to supply them. With the millions of miles of pipelines currently in use the percentage of failures is extremely low. Much safer than transporting by rail.

  244. #244El Gordo2019-10-24 17:46
  245. #245Plebeian2019-10-24 19:08

    The life span of the Alberta oil sands appears to be a function of the rate of extraction. 180 years or so. If you don't build export oil pipelines, the oil sands should last longer for local use. Use foreign crude oil when it is less cost than local supply. The foreign oil might not be available at times due to war, trade restrictions etc. Oil refineries must be tweaked to the type of crude oil they are supplied with. https://sustainablesociety.com/environment/oil-sands

  246. #246Welder Dave2019-10-24 22:26

    More is available with new processes and apparently Saskatchewan has even larger oil sands deposits than Alberta but they have not done anything with it. Alberta has been forced to sell its oil at a discount.

  247. #247El Gordo2019-10-29 17:23
  248. #248El Gordo2019-10-31 18:00
  249. #249El Gordo2019-11-02 08:12
  250. #250El Gordo2019-11-06 12:40
  251. #251El Gordo2019-11-08 12:12
  252. #252El Gordo2019-11-09 12:21
  253. #25392U 34062019-11-09 23:08

    We're still flyin' at it in the sands. Love the cartoons BTW!

  254. #254El Gordo2019-11-12 07:08
  255. #255El Gordo2019-11-14 12:08
  256. #256Birken Vogt2019-11-14 15:03

    Amazing about the Finns and rigging and going up trees....

  257. #257kshansen2019-11-14 19:54

    I don't think my little log-splitter would handle that!

  258. #258El Gordo2019-11-16 15:25
  259. #259John C.2019-11-16 17:27

    Typical tree hugger that doesn't know that a spotted owl isn't much bigger than a medium sized rat and that's only because of the feathers.

  260. #260Camshawn2019-11-16 21:38

    Gord I enjoyed the videos. I am glad that you took the time to preserve the history of our province. Cam

  261. #261wornout wrench2019-11-17 02:33

    Absolutely true. My dad was also great story teller, he remember names and dates. We tried to get him to write them down. We went as far as getting one of those dictation programs for his computer but I guess it just didn't work right. And now he is gone. And for those of you out there that wonder about some of the stories Gord tells, you really need to experience a westcoast logging camp to understand thel crazy stuff happens in camp. Thanks for taking the time to get them recorded Gord.

  262. #262El Gordo2019-11-17 06:18

    I'm glad you enjoyed the Video's and I thought Marina (The Editor) from the Take 5 magazine did a good job stitching all the pictures and stories together for the Ladysmith Historical Society and then putting it all together on You Tube....

  263. #263Camshawn2019-11-17 20:59

    I remember bits and pieces of stories from my Grandpa. Nobody thought to write them down as well and now they are lost to us. Grandpa worked logging on the coast in the twenties. One of my cousins has a picture of him on a steam donkey in Theadosa Arm (north of Powell River BC). He always talked about eating breakfast, stacks of pancakes and eggs and taking the coastal boats up the coast from the foot of Alexander Street in Vancouver. I wish I remembered more. Cam

  264. #264Bumpsteer2019-11-17 21:13

    My mother is our small towns historian....sadly she started many years to late. There were a few "old timers" left for her to talk to when she started. Now, they're all gone.....so many questions that'll never get answered, stories that'll never be told. Ed

  265. #265kshansen2019-11-18 08:04

    One more here that wishes his dad had recorded the stories from his youth. He spent time working in logging camps in northern Minnesota working with his dad cutting pulp wood. His dad passed when I was about 12 and as I grew up in New York State only really got to meet him twice. So I have almost no recollections of him. I am very envious of those that grew up knowing grandparents or even great-grandparents. Mom's dad passed when she was in high-school and her mom passed when I was maybe eight or nine. Dad's mom is the only one that lived till I was more or less an adult but living half way across the the country only had briefly knew her. Can only imagine the family stories that I missed out on

  266. #266El Gordo2019-11-19 13:04
  267. #267callingtheshop2019-11-20 22:34

    Had a good look at both of them today, nicely done, thanks for posting.

  268. #268El Gordo2019-11-26 11:41
  269. #269El Gordo2019-11-26 13:02
  270. #270El Gordo2019-11-27 13:07
  271. #271El Gordo2019-11-27 17:36
  272. #272El Gordo2019-12-01 12:47
  273. #273El Gordo2019-12-01 20:38

    Here is my Latest Project...I wrote this Poem Today...For all the Young Loggers in the Forest Industry.... The Cold Deck Pile at Suicide Rock Come all you young, tough riggin’ boys, And listen while I relate To the tale of a High-ball Logger And his untimely fate. The tale of this bold young logging boy, So manly was he, and brave; ‘ Twas at the log pile near Suicide Rock Where he met his eternal grave. ‘ Twas on a bright Sunday morning in May, As you will quickly hear, The logs were piled up, mountain high – We could not keep the Landing clear. The foreman cried, “Turn out brave lads, Have hearts devoid of fear! We’ll break the pile at Suicide Rock, Then to Vancouver town we’ll steer. Some of the boys were willing, And some of the boys were not; To work on a Sunday log pile – They didn’t think we ought. But some of our bravest loggers Did volunteer to go, To break the pile at Suicide Rock With their new guy, Mike Monroe. They hadn’t rolled off too many logs When they heard a clear voice sing, “ I want you guys to be on your guard For the pile will soon start to swing.” These words were scarcely spoken When the log mass did let go, And it carried away six logger boys And the young logger – Mike Monroe. The rest of the loggers heard the news And headed from camp at Boulder Creek In search of their fallen comrades, Their expectations were very bleak. They found their mangled comrades Under the pile of Logs below. And with the crushed and bleeding bodies Was the corpse of Mike Monroe. They dragged him out of his Hemlock grave And brushed back his raven hair, But there were no fair forms among them yet, Whose cries would fill the air. Then the first fair maid arrived at the pile, And her cries were heard down below Down in the valley each villager knew ‘ Twas her lover, young Mike Monroe. Milly Monroe was this young girl’s name and she married her high-school friend; She and her widowed mother, dear, Lived at Camp near River’s Bend. The wages left by Mike Monroe The boss to Milly did pay, And the loggers took up a collection, A generous purse next day. They buried the loggers in sorrow, ‘ Twas on the twelfth of May, Come all of you bold riggin’ boys, For all your comrades you must pray; Now, engraved upon a Hemlock tree That beside a grave did grow, Was the name and date of the sad, sad fate Of the young logger, named Mike Monroe. Scarcely two months later, The grief broke Milly’s heart, She looked on death as sweet relief And Death would play its part. Her last request was granted, she let everybody know, She wished to lie beside her lover – The Young Logger....Mike Monroe. Gord Barney Dec 1 2019

  274. #274El Gordo2019-12-12 17:01
  275. #275El Gordo2019-12-17 13:07

    Here is one Reason B.C. Loggers go on Strike....Would you like to support your Family doing this every Day?

  276. #276Tugger22019-12-17 22:24

    Enjoyed your videos Gord. I could tell you stories of going thru Eve River on the way back to Naka after a nights in the Salmon River Inn .Keep up the good work!!

  277. #277old-iron-habit2019-12-17 22:27

    I share your envious Ken. My fathers Dad and Mother passed when I was 4 and 9 respectively. They moved from St Paul when my dad was 4 and homesteaded in the middle of know where. I have heard many stories from my dad and his siblings growing up but now as I get older I realize what I could have learned from my Grandparents.

  278. #278El Gordo2019-12-21 12:13
  279. #279El Gordo2019-12-24 12:37

    A Christmas Wish to all the Loggers who are still on Strike....

  280. #280El Gordo2020-01-07 17:44
  281. #281El Gordo2020-01-07 17:45
  282. #282El Gordo2020-01-10 13:00
  283. #283El Gordo2020-01-12 13:04
  284. #284Welder Dave2020-01-12 13:10

    But if you're a refugee they'd give you a nice place to live and money to get established.

  285. #285John C.2020-01-12 13:36

    I have to wonder about the reasons for someone being homeless in a country as cold as Canada? I don't think it is something I would voluntarily want to do.

  286. #286wornout wrench2020-01-12 14:05

    They all somehow seem to move to Vancouver or Vancouver island.

  287. #287donkey doctor2020-01-12 15:50

    It's all about the weather. d.d.

  288. #288El Gordo2020-01-13 13:19
  289. #289El Gordo2020-01-16 17:43
  290. #290El Gordo2020-01-16 17:45
  291. #291El Gordo2020-01-18 08:31
  292. #292Tones2020-01-18 18:19

    Gord, is it ok with you if I pass these drawing onto a public platform.

  293. #293El Gordo2020-01-18 18:53

    No Problem as long as I don't get sued for some of them....LOL

  294. #294Tones2020-01-18 23:48

    It will be downunder. Some of my mates would enjoy them .

  295. #295El Gordo2020-01-19 06:00

    That sounds okay to me .....Maybe I will be famous down under.....Go for it....

  296. #296El Gordo2020-01-20 13:06
  297. #297Welder Dave2020-01-20 14:21

    We just had the longest deep freeze since 1998 in Alberta. Coldest night -41.5C!

  298. #298El Gordo2020-01-21 13:13
  299. #299El Gordo2020-01-22 08:40
  300. #300El Gordo2020-01-23 13:34
  301. #301El Gordo2020-01-26 06:57

    Sneaky Pete MacKay puts his hat in the Ring for Canada's top Job as Leader of the Conservative Party...He needs to use the Military Helicopters again to take he and his friends fishing in the Spring....

  302. #302El Gordo2020-01-26 12:11
  303. #303Welder Dave2020-01-26 14:04

    Current PM violated ethics rules. First PM in history and did it twice. Where's the cartoons for him? Just saying.

  304. #304El Gordo2020-01-29 12:32
  305. #305El Gordo2020-01-29 17:29
  306. #306Plebeian2020-01-29 18:02

    Did you or any of the logging crews see/ hear a Sasquatch during your time in the woods, Gordo?

  307. #307El Gordo2020-01-29 18:15

    Not me personally...But some road builders in Toba Inlet claimed they saw a family of them up in the end of the valley high up in some rocks where they were building a Logging Road....They were smoking a lot of Pot and eating Scrooms in those days.... so they could have been seeing anything the next day at work......

  308. #308El Gordo2020-01-30 12:18
  309. #309wornout wrench2020-01-30 15:36

    After 2 weeks in, I think most of the crew looked like this

  310. #310kshansen2020-01-30 18:46

    Bet my dad could have told some stories about logging camps. Back in the mid to late `30's he worked with his dad cutting pulp wood in norther Minnesota. About the only thing I can recall he saying was that they had one guy whose only job was to take all the two man saws and sharpen them with a file every night so they would be good to go in the morning.

  311. #311El Gordo2020-01-31 14:46
  312. #312El Gordo2020-02-07 12:59
  313. #313El Gordo2020-02-08 12:59
  314. #314El Gordo2020-02-12 12:29
  315. #315El Gordo2020-02-13 17:48
  316. #316El Gordo2020-02-18 17:39
  317. #317El Gordo2020-02-19 18:28
  318. #318El Gordo2020-02-24 18:10
  319. #319El Gordo2020-02-26 16:26
  320. #320El Gordo2020-02-28 19:44
  321. #321El Gordo2020-03-03 13:00
  322. #322Welder Dave2020-03-03 14:01

    How many more 20 billion dollar projects are going to be cancelled because of Justin? How many more investors will pull out? How many more jobs are going to be lost? Speaking of lay offs, Alberta has the highest unemployment in Canada because of Justin. Where's Alberta's transfer payments? Oh, that's right Alberta still has to pay them. Like it or not oil is Canada's biggest commodity. Canada has enough oil to supply itself yet Quebec buys 60% of their oil from other countries and Alberta subsidizes them. It what world does that make sense? Justin is not Donald but Donald is at least trying to help the US economy. Justin has done more to hurt the economy than anything else.

  323. #323Tugger22020-03-03 21:36

    Sasquach?Looks like a night shift mechanic after a night of rolling in geardope on an 044 .

  324. #324El Gordo2020-03-04 11:56

    I'm glad a lot More people are liking my last cartoon (Peter and Justin Cartoon) than the One Conservative that is disliking it....

  325. #325El Gordo2020-03-04 11:59

    I'll Try not to hurt your feelings (Welder Dave) Next time I draw another Political cartoon....And I think Donald Trump is a Moron.....

  326. #326Welder Dave2020-03-04 18:01

    This isn't supposed to be a political forum in the first place but can't understand how someone in Western Canada could be a Trudeau supporter. He is doing to the oil industry what has already happened to the logging industry in BC but the coal shipments out of BC coming from the US are fine. Trump is his own worst enemy and is self imploding every time he talks.

  327. #327El Gordo2020-03-04 19:18

    I'm not a Trudeau Supporter far from it...he is only in place because he is living off his fathers name who was also a Cull (logging Term for Rotten wood) in my opinion.....But if I had to chose between The Billionaire Boys club...The Conservative Rats....Or Little Pierre I would Chose the Liberals any day.....

  328. #328Welder Dave2020-03-04 19:29

    The conservatives lost because of Andrew Sheer. I'm glad he's out of the running. He was slimy. What we really need is someone who isn't afraid of upsetting Quebec and Ontario and actually has the entire countries best interests in mind. Don't know if that is possible though. Trudeau has never had a real job and skates around every question without ever answering it. When asked about the rail blockades he basically stated what is going on and never answered the question. We don't need another Oka crisis.

  329. #329El Gordo2020-03-09 19:29
  330. #330El Gordo2020-03-10 20:05
  331. #331Tugger22020-03-10 21:14

    Toilet paper shortage? Nothing to worry about ,the maple trees are starting to bud.

  332. #332Welder Dave2020-03-11 02:27

    And in other news bidet sales are up... Some stores are charging ridiculously inflated prices for toilet paper. Should be law against gouging customers.

  333. #333El Gordo2020-03-13 12:53

    ​

  334. #334El Gordo2020-03-15 10:06
  335. #335El Gordo2020-03-17 18:30
  336. #336El Gordo2020-03-27 16:53
  337. #337El Gordo2020-03-31 18:46
  338. #338Bumpsteer2020-03-31 22:56

    Good to see you back Gord...had me worried. Ed

  339. #339El Gordo2020-04-01 13:03

    Thanks for the concern Ed....I'm still hanging on up here on Vancouver island....And I'm above the lawn so that is all that counts.....Take care yourself and all my Logging buddies out in the Woods.....Gord

  340. #340El Gordo2020-04-08 09:58
  341. #341donkey doctor2020-04-08 10:27

    I see you even remember the rabbits Gord. d.d.

  342. #342El Gordo2020-04-08 11:47

    The Mid night Drive in's were the best....We were so busy watching the rabbits do their thing we had little time to enjoy the Movie....And the Girls were fun to play with Too. One Night a Guy I knew from Nanaimo wired a stick of Dynamite to the back of the screen during the day and taped a fuse all the way to the ground and at 1:00 A.M. he lit the fuse and it Blew a Piece of Plywood out of the middle of the screen ....A friend of mine was arrested for being Drunk and was passed out on the ground that night and the RCMP tried to pin it on him....But he was so drunk he could not have lit a match to the fuse.....The Police never caught the Guy who did the Dynamite Caper...He still lives in the Nanaimo Area....

  343. #343donkey doctor2020-04-08 12:58

    The car in the center looks like my old 49 ford and yes the girls were a lot of fun. d.d.

  344. #344erdelie2020-04-08 18:55

    Ah, remembering cars with bench seats, 49 ford good choice wider than the 48s were.

  345. #345kshansen2020-04-09 11:40

    Or how about the 1964 Rambler American???? Front bench seats folded down to rear bench seat!

  346. #346El Gordo2020-04-13 14:44
  347. #347El Gordo2020-04-13 18:14
  348. #348El Gordo2020-04-14 16:43
  349. #349El Gordo2020-04-15 16:48
  350. #350El Gordo2020-04-18 17:12
  351. #351El Gordo2020-04-21 14:35
  352. #352El Gordo2020-04-21 14:36
  353. #353El Gordo2020-04-23 13:14
  354. #354El Gordo2020-04-23 13:15
  355. #355FarmWrench2020-04-25 08:38

    Good thing it's just his knees. The caption could have been, "First Vasectomy for both of us."

  356. #356El Gordo2020-04-25 10:00

    A True Story from Woss Lake B.C. Last August 2019 . The Woods Foreman ( Rob Trenttenaro ) of Woss camp on the North end of Vancouver Island in B.C. took his German Short Haired Pointer Dog out for a walk in some old logging Slash to train the dog to look for Grouse before Grouse Season opened in about two weeks. They were about 100 yards from his Truck when out of the Slash a large Male Black Bear attacked Rob. The Bear tried to bite his neck and Rob fought as hard as he could and had him pinned down...His Pointer Dog jumped on the Bears back just in time to distract the bear to give Rob a second to get his hunting Knife out. He started to stab the bear but it kept on him....Biting and Chewing on his shoulder and back....The Dog kept biting the bear too and it finally gave Rob enough time to get down the road to his Pick up Truck.....The dog came running down and jumped into the front seat of the truck and Rob and Dog backed down the logging road until they reached a turn around Rob quickly turned the truck around and headed back to Camp.......As they started driving down the road the bear followed along in the Small trees beside the road in the Logging slash until Rob could speed up enough and leave the bear behind....Rob drove back to Woss camp and the First aid man bandaged him up and stopped the bleeding on his shoulder and back until the ambulance came and drove him to Port McNeil for further treatment. He had a broken Collar Bone and many bite marks and two broken ribs. He told the loggers that he thought he was “ Done For ” on that day. Now the Loggers have a name for him around Camp: They call him: The Bear Wrestling Champion of Woss Lake ....Gary a friend of mine who works in Woss Lake running the Super Snorkel log loader asked me to draw this cartoon so they can hang it up in the Coffee room in Woss camp on the “Wall Of Fame”.....Rob 1 Bear 0

  357. #357El Gordo2020-04-25 10:00
  358. #358Welder Dave2020-04-25 12:15

    Should have his best friend in the pic. too.

  359. #359El Gordo2020-04-25 14:41

    Yes...I agree...... I should have put his best friend in with him.....

  360. #360El Gordo2020-04-25 14:43

    I just found out today his best friend was a Black Lab and Not a German Short haired pointer.....

  361. #361El Gordo2020-04-27 12:41
  362. #362El Gordo2020-04-27 12:43

    For My Neighbor Ede The Nurse on at the Chemainus Health Care Center

  363. #363camptramp2020-04-27 15:32

    Well put , they are all Angles in my eye's .

  364. #364El Gordo2020-04-29 09:58
  365. #365El Gordo2020-05-02 13:24
  366. #366El Gordo2020-05-02 18:10
  367. #367El Gordo2020-05-04 18:30
  368. #368El Gordo2020-05-09 18:49
  369. #369El Gordo2020-05-13 13:25
  370. #370El Gordo2020-05-13 17:33
  371. #371El Gordo2020-05-14 12:41
  372. #372El Gordo2020-05-15 12:47
  373. #373El Gordo2020-05-17 18:34
  374. #374El Gordo2020-05-20 13:17
  375. #375El Gordo2020-05-23 11:46
  376. #376John C.2020-05-23 16:01

    I'm thinking there will be pandemic fees showing up in everything pretty soon.

  377. #377chroniekon2020-05-23 16:49

    Especially the airlines!

  378. #378El Gordo2020-05-24 12:10

    I will be asking first thing if any business I use if there is a Co-Vid 19 user fee tacked on and if there is I will cancel my appointment immediately....As a consumer we get Ripped off enough now with High prices all the time....I rarely go out to eat at a restaurant anymore because it is too expensive on an OAP's salary.....I'm glad I have a woman who can cut my hair even though I hardly have any to cut......LOL

  379. #379Welder Dave2020-05-24 12:36

    Repair shops always charge for shop supplies and it's often a percentage of the bill. If salons and other business have to buy PPE and disinfectants in order to be open, should they just eat the cost of these items that have to be used constantly between clients? My sister has a salon and spent over 5K getting plexiglass screens, masks, disinfectants and other supplies that weren't previously required. She will not be doing any blow drying because it could possibly spread a virus. What makes it OK for repair shops charging $160/hr.+ to tack on extra fee's for shop supplies on top of the labour rate that should be already covering shop supplies? Paying a couple bucks extra isn't that big of a deal.

  380. #380El Gordo2020-05-24 18:52
  381. #381El Gordo2020-05-30 17:13
  382. #382El Gordo2020-06-02 17:05
  383. #383El Gordo2020-06-03 18:06
  384. #384camptramp2020-06-03 22:15

    You certainly nailed that one .

  385. #385Tugger22020-06-04 22:57

    I called the non emergency cop line to report an obviously stolen pickup ditched in the woodlot near our place one sunday afternoon.I hung on just to see what would happen Hour later ,about 8 beer later No answer. Havent they got call forwarding to thier cell phones like we do. 3 days later there was 4 cop cars parked at the woodlot gate trying to sort it out.

  386. #386El Gordo2020-06-05 12:46
  387. #387El Gordo2020-06-06 12:49
  388. #388El Gordo2020-06-09 13:13
  389. #389El Gordo2020-06-09 18:06
  390. #390El Gordo2020-06-12 08:39

    No one got the Gist of this cartoon so I had to put a caption above it so People Knew what I was drawing.......

  391. #391El Gordo2020-06-12 18:00
  392. #392El Gordo2020-06-19 12:57
  393. #393El Gordo2020-06-23 18:32
  394. #394El Gordo2020-06-24 12:44
  395. #395El Gordo2020-06-27 18:13
  396. #396El Gordo2020-07-03 08:36
  397. #397El Gordo2020-07-04 17:26
  398. #398El Gordo2020-07-12 13:12
  399. #399El Gordo2020-07-12 17:25
  400. #400El Gordo2020-07-13 11:11
  401. #401El Gordo2020-07-19 18:03
  402. #402El Gordo2020-07-20 12:54
  403. #403El Gordo2020-07-23 12:20
  404. #404El Gordo2020-07-23 17:26
  405. #405El Gordo2020-07-30 13:01
  406. #406El Gordo2020-08-01 08:40
  407. #407El Gordo2020-08-03 13:05

    My Teenage 17 year Old Granddaughter went Camping this weekend with all her friends up in the woods behind town....Boys included.....

  408. #408El Gordo2020-08-06 17:43
  409. #409El Gordo2020-08-07 12:45
  410. #410El Gordo2020-08-09 12:40
  411. #411John C.2020-08-09 13:16

    There is no accounting for rural taste and true class.

  412. #412Plebeian2020-08-09 17:04

    Reminds me of how cartoonist( and other jobs) Burton Silver had his cartoon series 'Bogor the Woodsman' accepted into print media. Silver hid the 'stoner hedgehog' cartoons in the bottom of sample cartoons, so the brusque editor did not see them. https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/...lling-bush-property-that-inspired-comic-strip

  413. #413El Gordo2020-08-11 15:33
  414. #414El Gordo2020-08-12 19:59
  415. #415El Gordo2020-08-13 11:51
  416. #416El Gordo2020-08-15 17:46
  417. #417El Gordo2020-08-16 18:45
  418. #418El Gordo2020-08-21 17:59
  419. #419donkey doctor2020-08-22 00:37

    We called it The Bucket of Blood. It is looking pretty nice with the new paint tho isn't it d.d.

  420. #420El Gordo2020-08-25 17:46
  421. #421El Gordo2020-08-31 13:13
  422. #422El Gordo2020-09-04 12:18
  423. #423El Gordo2020-09-12 17:42
  424. #424El Gordo2020-09-14 16:56
  425. #425John C.2020-09-14 18:24

    Are you guys up north getting the smoke too?

  426. #426donkey doctor2020-09-15 00:37

    Yes.

  427. #427El Gordo2020-09-15 09:58

    Yes and Lots of it....Can't see across the Street sometimes....

  428. #428John C.2020-09-15 10:57

    Bummer, Supposed to clear by the weekend.

  429. #429El Gordo2020-09-17 17:34
  430. #430El Gordo2020-09-18 12:32
  431. #431El Gordo2020-09-21 18:34
  432. #432kshansen2020-09-21 19:52

    Gordo, Was that one aimed at me? See I just had surgery a week ago last Thursday for gallbladder removal! I have had a little twing now and then so.......

  433. #433El Gordo2020-09-22 18:17

    LOL No one In particular......I hope nothing was left inside.....

  434. #434El Gordo2020-09-24 13:03
  435. #435El Gordo2020-10-04 08:26
  436. #436El Gordo2020-10-04 08:28
  437. #437El Gordo2020-10-04 12:43
  438. #438El Gordo2020-10-07 13:01
  439. #439El Gordo2020-10-15 13:13
  440. #440El Gordo2020-10-17 08:35
  441. #441El Gordo2020-10-17 13:06
  442. #442El Gordo2020-10-21 17:33
  443. #443El Gordo2020-10-22 18:28
  444. #444El Gordo2020-10-27 13:08
  445. #445El Gordo2020-10-28 14:54
  446. #446El Gordo2020-10-31 08:24
  447. #447camptramp2020-10-31 10:22

    You certainly nailed that one !

  448. #448El Gordo2020-10-31 11:58

    Thanks...I almost defecate in my pants every time I go to the Pharmacy to get my Prescriptions....

  449. #449El Gordo2020-11-01 09:52
  450. #450Welder Dave2020-11-01 12:33

    They can be as bad as those stupid plastic packages you need a pair of scissors to open.

  451. #451Bumpsteer2020-11-02 20:17

    I wonder how the packaging people act when they get one of them they can't open....... Ed

  452. #452Hank R2020-11-02 22:34

    Always wonder why a dozen eggs come in a simple egg carton, but a few AA batteries you need a chain saw to get them out of the plastic package????

  453. #453El Gordo2020-11-06 17:01
  454. #454John C.2020-11-06 18:04

    That's how trade ins on machinery works!

  455. #455El Gordo2020-11-11 09:44
  456. #456seatwarmer2020-11-11 12:46

    Gord, I hope you have a lot of protection. Because your cartoons are the truth.

  457. #457El Gordo2020-11-11 13:20

    Thank You for your Reply to my cartoons.....

  458. #458John C.2020-11-11 19:33

    Last time I had one of those done, they gave me a photo and asked if I wanted a video of the trip up the tunnel. I told them I didn't want to see that on television of social media.

  459. #459kshansen2020-11-12 09:17

    Dam, glad I didn't see that one before my procedure a few weeks back!

  460. #460El Gordo2020-11-12 18:01
  461. #461Hank R2020-11-12 22:20

    5 years ago had one done, told Dr. I did not want to feel both of his hands on my shoulder he cracked up..

  462. #462El Gordo2020-11-17 17:45
  463. #463John C.2020-11-17 21:48

    Also works for rodents and roaches.

  464. #464El Gordo2020-11-20 12:38
  465. #465El Gordo2020-11-20 12:41
  466. #466El Gordo2020-11-21 12:57
  467. #467El Gordo2020-11-22 16:38
  468. #468El Gordo2020-11-28 15:48
  469. #469El Gordo2020-11-29 16:54
  470. #470El Gordo2020-11-30 18:54
  471. #471El Gordo2020-12-01 13:09
  472. #472El Gordo2020-12-05 08:29

    SHUTTING DOWN THE CARTOON DRAWING....GOING INTO RETIREMENT.....DRAWING HAND TO SHAKY TO CONTINUE DUE TO PAST DOUBLE STROKE.....THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT EVERYONE.....ADIOUS....

  473. #473Hank R2020-12-05 08:44

    Really sorry to hear Thank you very much for all the cartoons that you shared with us.

  474. #474camptramp2020-12-05 12:16

    El Gordo You have combined your sense of humor with your drawing ability , to shed a light on a B.C. West Coast Logger's way of life for many years . Some days or situations were trying at the time , but from your point of view we can look back on them and chuckle . Thank you for taking the time to record and poke fun at our time in life .

  475. #475JPV2020-12-05 12:22

    Thanks for all the cartoons, I could usually envision the circumstances that inspired them. I definitely got a real kick out of several!

  476. #476chroniekon2020-12-05 12:27

    24 pages of talent and creativity! Thank You

  477. #477John C.2020-12-05 13:04

    I will miss your quirky and insightful sense of humor. Good luck!

  478. #478DB22020-12-05 13:50

    Always enjoyed your offerings Gordo ! All the best.

  479. #479kshansen2020-12-05 16:04

    Gordo, I also enjoyed the humor! You could always resort to making a snide remark here once in a while to keep us on or toes. If you can't make a statement with pictures try painting a picture with words! Good luck in what ever you do!

  480. #480Theweldor2020-12-05 17:58

    We will miss them. Always good entertainment!!

  481. #481Bumpsteer2020-12-05 18:53

    Thanks Gordo. Been a fun ride. Please stay around, I'm sure everyone here appreciates your input. Ed

  482. #482Tugger22020-12-05 21:18

    Your Cartoons have been great . They will be missed by all of us.

  483. #483camptramp2020-12-05 22:39

    If you can find a copy its a good read !

  484. #484camptramp2020-12-05 22:41

    More humor

  485. #485callingtheshop2020-12-09 17:53

    Thank you for all your work, it was awesome!!! We had many laughs.

  486. #486Big Creek2020-12-12 09:59

    I have enjoyed your work from NorthWet Oregon. It was good stuff.

  487. #487Hallback2020-12-12 21:17

    Big Creek, cut lots of timber on that farm.

  488. #488Big Creek2020-12-13 17:07

    Spent 26 years building and maintaining roads there.

  489. #489JPV2020-12-13 17:46

    You are just a few miles down river from me on the other side

  490. #490Hallback2020-12-13 18:06

    Hows Cathlamet doing with the rona, lots of places closed down?

  491. #491JPV2020-12-13 18:36

    Yeah, you can still get a burger or pizza to go though, the biggest thing I miss so far is the High school sports

  492. #492Hallback2020-12-13 18:50

    Go MULES!!

  493. #493Hallback2021-01-12 08:48

    Thank you for all you gave us Gord, I hope the new year treats you well.

  494. #494Hallback2023-07-28 20:38

    Anyone know how Gordy's doing?

  495. #495Blk prince2023-07-28 20:57

    Gordy has passed. No service. I have to check obits for the date

  496. #496Plebeian2023-07-28 21:57

    Link to the obituary. Gordon Sidney Barney - Ladysmith Chronicle July 29, 1947 - March 18, 2023In loving memory ~ It is with a heavy heart that our family shares the news that Gord Barney passed away at home on Saturday, www.ladysmithchronicle.com

  497. #497Hallback2023-07-29 19:50

    Damn. Rest in Peace Gord.

  498. #498Coaldust2023-07-29 22:40

    RIP all the great PNW timber industry artists and writers that entertained us. Please add to this list. Finley Hays Gordy Barney Buzz Martin

  499. #499Coaldust2023-07-29 23:46

    In 1976, Loggers World published the Tall and Uncut. Lon Minkler was the writer and my cousin, Don Graham, illustrated the cartoons. Woodland, Wa boys. I somehow managed to keep a rather fragile copy, in newspaper print, all these years.

  500. #500Hallback2023-07-30 13:12

    Woodland Wa. My first (legal) job on the riggin' was for Paul Logging on Davis Peak three days after I turned 18. We had three yarders up there, a BU-80, BU-84 & a BU-94 IIRC. Some damn good men on those crews, The Biddix brothers, Terry Counts, Ben Benson, Etc.

  501. #501Jumbo2023-07-30 22:01

    I have a copy, safely stored flat under several other similar books still in good shape, the newsprint has never yellowed.