Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Line horse build

Hallback ยท 2018-12-09 23:23

Has anybody here built a line horse from scratch? I want to build one where I can swap spools and one that has forward and reverse power, a brake would be nice but not necessary if it is hydraulically driven. If it is mechanically driven via an engine then I would need a brake on it. Post up any photos you guys have of them so I could start getting some ideas as I need to build one ASAP. 3 yarders means a lot of lines.

Replies2
  1. #1Plebeian2018-12-10 04:35

    None of your local utility companies or utility installation/ removal companies have anything spare in their yard you could hire? jj trailer? Full pro tensioning, pulling winding etc. $$$$$ reel carrying trailers https://www.felling.com/trailers/utility-telecom/utility-cable-reel/

  2. #2Tugger22018-12-10 08:58

    https://www.islandropes.com/ These guys have a really good spooler. Talk to Wes ,hes a good rigging supplier to.