Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Logging Joke

Autocar ยท 2010-06-20 13:30

Two guys under a railroad trussel one laying in a card board box and the other sitting near a little camp fire . The fellow laying the box says to the other fellow . Yep dad said to me son we are going to get in the timber bussiness !

Replies7
  1. #1mitch5042010-06-20 13:40

    You forgot the other half of the punchline: "and be rich in five years." I hadn't heard it as a joke before. Or, correction, The men saying it didn't know it was a joke.

  2. #2Autocar2010-06-20 19:17

    Mitch yep your right I forgot the punch line. Pretty bad when a fellow screws up a joke, guess I am telling my age

  3. #3CM19952010-06-20 19:49

    The logging joke I heard goes like this - The best way to have a $1M in the logging business is to start with $2M.

  4. #4mitch5042010-06-21 00:47

    I didn't mean you screwed the joke up; I meant when I had heard that from many people in real life.

  5. #5Autocar2010-06-21 18:06

    Mitch, don't worry about my screwed up joke. I have so much country boy blood in me I am pretty laid back.

  6. #6JDOFMEMI2010-06-21 20:01

    CM1995 I have heard that one about several different types of business. It works for mining too.

  7. #7carogator2010-06-21 20:58

    I Heard it this way. Two guys were buying watermelons in Fla. for 50 cents, driving to Va. and selling them for 50 cents. When sold out, one says to the other, we ain't making no money, guess we're going to have to buy a bigger truck.