Recently, I have been looking into making the freight portion of our company more easy and effecient. We buy equipment all over the United States. Dozers, loaders, crushers etc. Moving all this equipment at a reasonable price, is a difficult task. Comparing qoutes takes a long time. I have started using the Allied networks, to help locate parts. It has helped me out a lot. My question is, is there a product similiar to this, where I can put the machines that I need to move, on a certain network? Companys can then come to me, and let me know there rate for moving the equipment. Does anybody know how I could do this more effecientley?
Check out Freightview.com - we use their online software for LTL but they also have a pretty nice setup for full truck load quotes. How did you like my LTL quote for your undercarriage parts? We get some of the best rates out there from what our customers tell us. The thing about good LTL rates is that it’s a combination of shipping out a lot of heavy products, paying your bills on time, and maintaining good relationships with several freight companies. Once you have that, they’ll want your business and they’ll come to you. Then you encourage competition between them. It’s a very long and tedious process though and I’ve been working at it for many years to be where we're at now.
The guys where i bought the parts from, got somebody that could do it for $820. So obviously I'm going to hire them, and this way they take care of everything. But this doesn't mean its over just like that. Our company mostly has heavy equipment that needs to be moved, some times parts, like in this case. What would you guys mostly be interested in shipping? And what areas best suit you? I'll send you an email for my next purchase.
I don't get it - I quoted $600? And I would handle everything for you. Is it a time-restraint issue? Regardless, it's fine, I was just trying to do you a favor. We ship stuff for our customers and potential customers when they feel like they're overpaying elsewhere (and they often times are). It's definitely not our primary business, but we do save them a lot of money, establish relationships, and at the same time gain more leverage with our carriers. Our best discounts are LTL within in the USA and Canada. And we prefer heavier stuff in the 1,000 - 10,000 lbs range that's palletized. Feel free to contact if you need a quote!
Right! misread the email. Sorry about that, i must have been to busy to think straight at the time, I only saw the 900. I don't think anything has been scheduled for pickup yet. I talked to one of the guys at schaefer ent. He says will get everything ready for Monday. Tell you what, I'm going to get a hold of my contact there. Tell him to cancel his driver BEFORE he hires him on Monday morning. I'll send you an email to confirm. Sorry about the mistake. We have an excavator bucket, 1000 - 1500lbs., in Morris, Il. Its way up north near Chicago. Would you guys be able to move that as well? If you don't mind me asking, what is the average price for a subscription on freightview.com?
No problem. Glad to help. I've already emailed you pricing for the Bucket. I believe we pay about $60 a month for our freightview.com subscription but it all depends on how much you do and with how many carriers. We got on early too, so the prices may have changed since then.