Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lonestar, not just a steakhouse anymore

Orchard Ex ยท 2008-03-25 21:13

http://www.internationaltrucks.com/lonestar/ So what do you think of the look of Binder's new Lonestar? I think it looks like a truck from a batman comic/movie. Very 1930's...

Replies5
  1. #1Eric2008-03-25 23:15

    I like it. Looks differant than every other largecar on the road. Looks like a PT crusier all grown up.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2008-03-25 23:22

    I like the retro look coming out in vehicles, and this one is no exception. I just read an article about this truck, the design is a throwback to the '36 or '38 pickup, I don't remember which year. It had a grill very similar to the style here. IH is claiming a 4% to 10% improvement in fuel economy over all other brands due to the aerodynamic styling.

  3. #3littledenny2008-03-26 13:31

    The lines are interesting, but it's too dolled up with chrome for my tastes. Might look good if they toned down the chrome to black. :beatsme

  4. #4THEDIESEL2008-03-26 18:03

    Looks ok, i wonder what the price tag on that rig is going to be.

  5. #5pwrstroke6john2008-03-26 23:06

    Its a real nice lookin truck.