I am starting a thread with the step by step build of a working 2003 379. Follow the progress with photo's and parts list as we go
Can't wait to see updates and pics on this. What's the current specs on the truck and what are your plans for it?
Current specs are 2003 peterbilt 379 exhd. C-15 cat 6nz. 70" ultra cab stand up. 265"wheelbase. 11R22.5 tire on pete low leaf suspension. (The truck is an old wernier truck). Will post a photo as soon as I figure out how. Lol
Will be stretching the wheelbase to 325" front end will be bagged and a complete overhaul of the cab sleeper and suspension.
If you get yourself a photobucket account it makes life a lot easier. You just upload the pics to your account there and once you do that it's as simple as copy and paste a link to the thread. With it being a Werner truck, I'm guessing it's got a 10 speed?
Actually no. Factory was a convertible 9 speed that had been converted to a 13 speed. The transmission went out 3 yrs ago and I put a 15 speed in. The bearings started getting noisy so I installed an 18 speed in June of 2015.
Sweet!!! Like I said I can't wait to see pics and follow this. Let me know if you need any help with that Photobucket deal if you decide to go that route.
This is gonna be cool! :thumbsup
Sup slammed. I read your entire thread in 1 night
Did you figure out how to post pics? I'm anxious to see what you're starting off with.
Subbed. This will be cool with some pictures.
http://s428.photobucket.com/user/Lurch1024/library/Mobile Uploads?sort=3&page=1
Try this. Hope the link works. Not really that big of a computer guy.
http://rs428.pbsrc.com/albums/qq1/L...5_090124_zpsy0pwqbd2.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip
Just to give you a heads up. The stretch is scheduled for 14/Dec/2015. It will have to be outsourced due to the limited ability of my shop.
I had trouble with this too when I was trying to post pics. What worked for me was saving the pics to my computer and then uploading them directly from my computer onto the forum. Computers can suck sometimes, but when you figure it out it's pretty easy. It just makes viewing easier.
Thank you slammed
Truck's looking good as is. She's really gonna be nice one you get it stretched out. How long are you going?
330" wb adding almost 6'
Crazy!! That's some serious modifying right there. Loved to see the pics.
Just read Slammed379's thread. Looking forward to this one too...
Still going under the knife on Monday?
As of yesterday the stretch has Ben postponed for 1-2 weeks.As we all know in trucking your schedule can change in an instant. I am still running the truck and will continue to do so as the build progresses. Unfortunately I am in the wrong place to have it done on monday.
How are you having the stretch done? Cut in front of tandem? Or unbolting rear tandem and sliding back. I'm about to put new rails on my 359. It's at 315 currently.
Will unbolt the tandems and slide them back. I feel that a single weld will be stronger. The folks I am using are pac car certified. They specialize in heavy haul trucks and adding lift axles.
I'm with you on that. If you weren't adding so much length best way IMO is to move front drive to back drive bolt holes and then the splice is between the drives. Gonna look good when you get it back.
Hey I just realized it says your in the same state as me. Let me know if your interested in a set of 8 inch stacks for your truck. I have a new set of 8inch from the elbows up clamps everything. Bull hauler tips. For a 379.
Definitely interested. Contact me @ [email protected]
Well did she make it to the surgeon yet?
I am waiting for the weld shop to get it in. I should have taken it in back in December.
Well, any updates? Sorry, I know I'm being imaptient.
Having trouble getting into the weld shop. Their schedule and mine can't seem to line up.
That's a bummer. Well, what about your dash panels? I finally got Carl involved on my panels after not receiving them. Have you got yours or any updates?
I'm not even close to ready to start on interior parts yet.
Ok guys IT'S GO TIME!!!!!!!!!!! I am going into the frame shop @ 0700 tomorrow. Wish me luck. Also this week will be the deciding week for the rear fenders and tail light panel/T-bar
The truck has arrived at the frame shop!
Finally!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it done!
Haven't got it back from the shop yet?