I'm thinking about pedestal mounting an excavator to a barge. Removing the tracks/carraige and welding it to a raised pedestal on the front of the barge. Tail Swing radius is very important to me, so that I can conserve deck space. So far I haven't been able to find any reduced tail swing machines with long arms. I would assume this is because of the counterweight you get from having a alot of ass behind the boom. In my situation, the swing turret will be welded and fixed directly to the deck of the barge. I'm looking at a Cat 328d. I know this machine shares some things with the 330. Does anyone know if you can use a long reach boom from another model on this machine ? I fully inted to remove the counterweight all together as I don't think it'll be necessary once the machine is hard mounted. Also have my eye on two other machines locally, a volvo ecr305 and a komatsu pc308. Wondering if any of these machines share common boom mounting specs with any of their non reduced tail swing brothers/sisters, in the hopes I could long arm them. While I'm on this topic, anybody have experience with a vibro or drill on a long arm ?
No replies yet.