Has anyone else seen this? usually this sort of thing shows up on here pretty quick so forgive me if you've seen this but, I'm having a hard time believing this even though it's real. Two things get me.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFdAN6dFAZ4 1. I don't know why they chose to go at the building that way. I had always thought jobs like this were supervised and "engineered" to an extent, so things like this don't happen. How he could not see what was going to happen is beyond me. :beatsme 2. After the accident, he attempts to free himself. Doing more damage. As you can see by the breaking hoses and spraying hydraulic fluid. It seems like this guy got a bit in over his head before he started!:bash Don't get me wrong, I'm all for getting the machine out, just in a more careful, methodical, planned, considerate way I guess. Definitely one of the biggest "Didn't have to happen" accidents/sequences of events I've seen in a while. I'd really like to hear everyone else's thoughts on this.
:beatsme Perhaps familiarity breeds contempt. Whatever, if he couldn't foresee what was going to happen then I'd have serious reservations about he is operator material. However, we often don't know the full circumstances...maybe his supervisor told him to got at it that way:beatsme
Does not mater if he was told to do it or not. The operator along with everyone watching was stupid for letting something so ovious happen.
Thats just one of those common sense things, i cant understand what he was thinking. You would think they would throw a good operator in the seat of a machine like that. Looks like he even had enough reach to get to the top, if not he was damn close to where they could have stacked the rubble a little higher to get to the top.
same thing with the video i posted a few weeks ago. you know which way the building(piece) will fall, why not attack it from the side??
Looks like that should have built a bigger ramp to get him up higher. Darwin wins again. ointhead
Seems to me that he messed up the angle of attack pretty good. But he didnt have to stave the boom , sticks, hammmer and hoses all to heck. Guy is low on brain cells.
The term "IMPLOSION" comes to mind. Guess they should of thought of that also, before making history on U Tube. What a deal.:badidea :crazy :duh :OMG rofessor
he was most likely trying to get unstuck before anyone saw him,cause he must have been by himself no one came over to see if he was ok before he started the machine back up and began ripping hoses off :beatsme
F-Witt rings a bell here
just image those people with explosives!!!! I don't want to be anywhere in the same county as that!!!