Dang, either there is a shirt load of old Case tractors out there or old Case tractors have a shirt load of problems. Waass up??
At least in this area there are far more Case TLB's than every other brand put together. What's more people ( like me ) are still using these tractors that were built in the 60's. So I would expect most of the posts to be about Case tractors.
Many of the posts are about tractors that have been in service for over 40 years. Some newer models had a long hard life in commercial use before going to private users. The number of posts is a testament to the continuing usefulness of these older tractors. Most commercial users replace a machine when it reaches a given age and hours, to save on repairs and downtime. Private or small business users don't always have the ability to buy a new machine, so they come here for advice and we all help to keep them running. Case is by far the most common older TLB around and still running. Lots of posts from time to time for other makes, just not as many recently.
Thanks guys...I was NOT bashing, it just seemed this week there was an inordinate number of Case threads. I dang sure would have had one too if the JD hadn't came available first.
It does seem like there are a lot of new guys here just now, me included. This board seems to contain more info on the Case TLBs than just about everywhere else put together and there are a lot of knowledgeable members here. I'm sure glad I found the place!
A new heavy machine costs a lot of money. Some of that money pays for product support. Questions, problems, and product information come from dealers. As the years pass, there is no financial compensation for dealer personnel to hold the hand of each owner. If willing to pay, owners are hard pressed to find trained mechanics knowledgeable in these specific machines. Typically those trained in the nuances of thirty year old machines are retired, or at least moved to new endeavors. In many cases those most knowledgeable about middle aged machines are those who like us are still using, and fixing. If I have already had a problem, worked through to a solution, I may be able to spare somebody else some pitfalls. Somebody else might save me from a different pitfall. Maybe only pampered John Deers last long enough to be in this place. My Case is old, others are prehistoric. Some Cases don't have manuals available any more. Show me a 40 year old car in everyday use. Willie
I talked to a guy at a hydraulic shop recently who guessed correctly that my old backhoe was a Case. I asked how he knew and he said almost everytime someone says they have an old machine it turns out to be a Case. Good for the long haul.