Having a Case 580C extenadhoe, I put that sucker in a pond.:Banghead Dug up a big oak stump and got it free. went to move and for some reason, I was in gear. Not much room. Before I knew it bam. The hoe is sitting somewhat in the pond. Here is the problem. It is sitting at about a 30 degree angle. The front loader is way down. One rear tire is on dry ground and the other hanging with the stabilizer keeping it level, but no ground under. Motor is clear of no water at the front to the rear. I swung the hoe section way over to the left to try to push the rear end to get both rear tires on dry ground. That didn't happen. Problem is now I can't keep or get it running again. It is like the hyd pump or something is binding everything up. Engine has no water and acting as it is hydro lock. I release all pressure on everything and yet it's still binding. I tried to post pictures, but no luck.:Banghead Any ideas that I can get this sucker running. I know if I can push the rear tires about 2' over to get both on dry ground, I can get it out by using the extendahoe, extending it all the way out which will lift the front end.
So what your saying is it wont turn over.?? like the motor is hydro locked.. Does it grunt like it wants too.?? That's to say, is the starter operational.. You might just have to pull or loosen the injectors to bleed off the compression in each cylinder.. You could forget about the key switch and jump it right at the starter.. MAKING SURE its in neutral.. Good luck and keep us informed..
I know it has nothing to do with the engine. No water and the engine always started just touching the key. Has something to do with the hydraulics. Now with the engine sitting at a easy 30 degree angle with the front down, don't know if the oil can cause this.
Does the engine start at all? does it turn over at all? If you can't keep it running, it's because it's starving for fuel most likely. How does the tank sit compared to the engine on this? Maybe the return isn't letting off the air because it's not on the top of the pump anymore? Personally, I'd be running chains and pulling it out slowly by hand if needed. Then figure it out when it's sitting flat. There's too much downside to this one
It's acting like everything is locked up. I'm about 100% sure it has nothing to do with the engine. After sleeping on it, my thinking is that just maybe somehow water was sucked up in the hydraulics over pressuring the system. Once day light comes, that will be the first thing I check. If I have to, I will leave the fill plug open and just let the water flow out till I can get the hoe boom up out the water. I got to get this sucker out today one way or another.
I don't see how so much water got into the hydraulic system so fast but even if it did, it would go to the bottom so the only thing that will come out of your fill plug would be oil while the water would be pumped through the hydraulic system making a further mess. I like Delmer's suggestion about stabilizing the machine and pulling it out by hand or with another machine and then dealing with it on flatter ground. Not sure about yours but I've seen a diesel that stalled and wouldn't start because of too steep an angle and then started and ran fine when restored to flat ground. It wan't locked up, though, or in a pond. Good luck.
Kinda hard to diagnose if no questions are answered..
Well, there was no water in anything. For some reason I couldn't release the pressure off the stabilizers. I had to loosing up the hose fitting to bleed the pressure off. I had to get a 18 wheeler tow truck to pull it out. $300 lesson of SH+T happens. After letting it sit for about an hour, she fired right up and everything is fine as if it didn't happen. Is there something with a Case 580C that locks up the hydraulic system if it gets tilted bad? Also, maybe a bunch of oil in the engine maybe got pass the rings and that cause the motor to lock up. I really don't know.
Neighbor was recently doing some work along a waterway with his track hoe. The bank gave way and it slowly slid down the embankment and ended up on it's side at maybe a 20 degree angle from the ground. Once they got it upright they let it sit for a couple days before they even tried to turn it over. Cylinders full of oil = bent rods, broken cranks, all sorts of potential issues. My thoughts are you were lucky...
Did it run very smokey when you first fired it up after getting it out of the pond? This would be a sign of oil where it shouldn't have been. Had this with a tipped mini dumper. Once back on its wheels it wouldn't turn over but next day it fired up once the oil drained out of the head. Smoked real heavily for a few minutes after starting.
If you weren't hurt, the machine is fine, and the only damage is a $300 hit to your wallet; then I think the name of this thread should be "Man, what a good day".
No, it didn't. That is why I just wonder what had locked things up including the hydraulics. I really don't have an idea as to why. Brian, yes, it could of been really bad.
any pictures of this miss step?. now that its over and worked out for the best....
Yes, I tried to up load them, but failed.
Next time that happens and its acting like the pump is loaded up while starting, pull the loader control handle in the back position while you are starting it. That should relieve the pressure. I have had this happen in a 580D and a 580L.
I did try that. The front bucket might have over traveled and a lot of force had it pushed way down in the mud. Once the hoe was out, the front bucket was packed full of pond mud.