The machine has 3600hrs needs nothing from what the owner said. I didnt have a chance to inspect it yet. It has a canapy no cab, a few dents and some scraches but he said it runs like new, tracks are about 50%. He wants 15900$ what do you guys think its worth if its in good mechanical shape? Are these years good machines or have they had any issues with them? I know its starting to have a few hrs on it, but how many hrs are these good for? Thanks Harry
Sounds a little bit high to me 3,600 hrs is getting on up there for a mini make sure you look it over real good.
too high in my opinion for what was decribed.....high hours for mini ....
Thats what i was thinking also high hrs for a mini. How many hrs are they good for before major overhauls? just curious.
Depends on care. Who owned it ? A company ? Aprivate party? It all makes a difference. Did you look at it ? Do not buy anything without trying it out in person. Press every button, toggle every switch, etc.....
Exactly what pafarmer said.Check everything, if it was used with a hammer a lot run away don't walk.What kind of company or person had it. Did they have a maintenance program? As for hrs on a mini I'd say between 2,000 and 2,500 hrs is when you'll start to see major part's failure depending on the application could be sooner could be later. I've got an older 331 with 4,000 hrs on it and other than the tracks being replaced and general maintenance and one set of drives put on it's been one of our best mini's.
I was going to go see it this weekend but i tink i will stay clear of it with this advice. I can get a 1500 to 2000hrs machine with a cab for about 23k to 25k in this area. So i think i will look a that option first. Thanks
Don't know when you need an excavator but my advice is to be patient and the right one will pop up. Bought my newest one for 26,000 with only 12 hrs on it open cab though it is a 329 bobcat which is a 331 with 10 less horse power I think. just watch the dealers and advertisements and you'll find a good one. Here's a picture of mine to give you an idea of what you can get in the 25,000 dollar range
Nice machine man. I have my name in at a few dealers. Im also looking at the auctions. I might go to the next one in Montreal.
Thanks Harry, In today's market and economy there is no shortage of good deals on mini excavators.Keep us posted on the hunt for one and you know you have to post pics when you get one right