Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking at a 530CK

MMH ยท 2011-12-13 23:07

I'm looking at a diesel 530CK w/ loader & backhoe. Everything works, 6 cylinders have been recently repacked, brakes are weak (owner said thy have been recently replaced, but weak by design). I will be using it for general excavation (moving a hill side back), 400' of 3'x5' french drain digging, etc. around my property. It will not be used commercially. I know that this machine is 50 years old, but I am pretty good at fixing things. I am a little concerned about the lack of 4x4, as where I will be using it is very wet, or, will the backhoe enable me to get unstuck. Will this be a machine that will be able to get the job done, or, will I spend more time fixing than using? I don't have allot of money to spend so the low price ($4K) is a big motivator. Also, how does a 530CK compare to a 580CK?

Replies1
  1. #1s11202011-12-18 09:14

    OK, so I have a 580 not a 530, but as far as 4x4... the hoes are pretty heavy. I have yet to get stuck when I have had the hoe on. granted, im not mud bogging up hills... I use mine around my land, not profesanaly. as for the price... well remember that you are going to need to dump at least 500-1000 bucks into when you get it. All fluids changed, and you WILL brake a few hoses!!! the first year I had my 580CK i popped a hose every time I used it!!! Not a huge deal, becouse its just for use around the land, and nothing that cant wait a week for me to repair it. but just something to add to the cost and budjet in.