Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking at a 580C

Brandt ยท 2012-01-05 15:49

A neighbor might sell his 580C and I am considering buying it. It is a 2WD, extend a hoe with an open cab. I would really like an enclosed cab, due to the wind and weather here. If this comes to my house, what model of cabs will fit on it?? What years were the "C" 's built?? Does this have the 207 in it??

Replies3
  1. #1sheepfoot2012-01-05 18:06

    It will most likely use only a cab from a C, the B's and D/E are also differant, I do not think a 480 cab will fit either, there are places that make kits/ cab's after market to brake the wind, and some calling around may find a used one at a equipment bone yard. I think most of the C's were built in the 70's, the D's ended early 80's and E's started early 80's. yes they had the 207 engine's in them also.

  2. #2Brandt2012-01-12 10:08

    Still haven't decided on the machine yet (ie: wife hasn't given me permission yet). I did find a "D" parts machine that has a full cab. Is it that a "D" cab won't bolt on, or is it a completely different shape?? I'm not afraid to cut and weld to make it fit:Banghead

  3. #3waterman282012-01-12 11:12

    The 580c Has totally different fenders than the 580d. the cab on the 580c incorporated the fenders into the cab mounting.