Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking at a d6 9u

Palmer78 ยท 2010-04-08 01:31

I'm going to look at a 1958 d6 9u for sale in a couple days. The guy selling it said it was scorched in a forest fire. It was in a clear area but the heat from the fire around it burned or melted some of the soft components. He said it was fully functional before the fire, but now the blade won't go up or down. It has a hydraulic blade. He said he has started it since the fire and it runs good. Does anyone have any opinions on this dozer in general and have any advice on anything I should look at in particular? Any help would be appreciated. The guy is selling it for $4500

Replies1
  1. #1turbo87812010-04-08 11:28

    wiring and hoses will be your bigest issue. Personaly I would only offer him scrap price for it because your realy taking a big gamble. I've seen a lot newer cats going for about double what he's asking 10K$ like some D6C's D7E's TD15"s and those would all be power shift. What I'm saying is don't fall in love with it just beacause the price seems low, there are better deals out there that are less risky. Good luck P.S.- post some pictures when you get back