Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lookin for some pics fellas!!

Opie ยท 2010-04-07 20:05

Ive been trying to talk the company I operate for into setting my dozer up with a set of multi shank rippers. The dozer I operate is a D6R XW Series III with the V-Pat blade and is equipped with a Topcon GPS system. For some reason they keep telling me just to use the corners of the blade to rip up the material if needed, well as you all know that dosent always work out the best and make me very frustrated at times! If I can get some pics and some encouragement from some other operators with experience using the rippers on this type of dozer I might actually be able to talk them into it... Ive been on them for awhile now about them and dont wanna just give up. LOL So could someone maybe post a few pics of some D6R's with a multi shank ripper setup? Thanks fellas, Opie

Replies1
  1. #1Vantage_TeS2010-04-09 19:54

    Not to mention that's a good way to break edges and it's extremely hard on the blade (tilt cylinders etc). http://farm1.static.flickr.com/83/207663353_a3189cda4c_o.jpg http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4050/4236357426_7d0564ed38_o.jpg http://farm1.static.flickr.com/93/207662801_7334096f25_o.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2499/4197229308_774d039969_b.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2760/4196480261_6711bcdf29_b.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3217/2886014992_79eb694b6c_o.jpg http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3599/3583132257_c071125d69_b.jpg http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4420713684_2e01cd7f9c_b.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2777/4419942651_7910be6579_b.jpg