Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking At A JD 50-Need your thoughts

ejb17 ยท 2012-05-01 09:14

So I looked at an older JD 50 unit from the mid to late 80's. It has a cab and is real square. Hour meter shows just under 3200 hours and is working and the unit has not been re-painted. Pretty clean with no welds or bad leaks, seems to run real nice,everything works good,no bad slop in the pins, and tracks from what I could tell have plenty of life left. I know, I know, parts could be trouble but for my work and the south of 9k price it seems like a good fit and wrenching on it is no problem for me. So guys give me your thoughts. Also, my fathers C&D transfer station may need it on occasion when their Yanmar B50 goes down for service or repair and a 9k lbs machine is the right size.

Replies2
  1. #1raytheone2012-08-04 18:25

    ejb17, Just curious, did you end up buying this? If so, how's it working??

  2. #2ejb172012-08-04 21:07

    No I never got it. Still looking and am finalizing a deal on a JD 25.