Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking at a John deere 60g

Outlw ยท 2013-09-04 21:37

Does any one have one? Thoughts gripes? Looking o order long arm

Replies14
  1. #1Deereman2013-09-09 21:51

    They are still pretty new. I've got a buddy across the state line here and he loves his 60D. Its just about the right sized machine. Doesn't look much different to a 50 till you put them side by side.

  2. #2Outlw2013-09-09 22:06

    Is there a lot of difference weekend the d and g? Also hitachi makes them for John deere? However I don't see the 60 on their web site

  3. #3Deereman2013-09-09 22:48

    They went to a yanmar engine. Opened up the cab door a bit. Not a whole lot of differences. Its not so much that hitachi makes deere's, but then again they do. They both come up with what they need in a machine and make them. You really don't notice a difference until you get into the 120/130 size machines. Here's the hitachi http://hitachiconstruction.com/zx60usb-5.html Here's the deere http://www.deere.com/wps/dcom/en_US/products/equipment/excavators/60g/60g.page?

  4. #4alco2013-09-09 23:36

    For what it's worth, Hitachi doesn't make them. Airman makes them for both Deere and Hitachi.

  5. #5Deereman2013-09-09 23:47

    Yea they look funny in airman colors after seeing them so long in D/H.

  6. #6Outlw2013-09-10 07:49

    Is their a web site for them? I ordered a long arm for the extra reach. I hope I like it.

  7. #7watglen2013-09-10 08:12

    http://www.airman.co.jp/index_e.html ken

  8. #8Outlw2013-09-10 08:20

    Thanks I did not see the 60 size listed. You get worried on the long term durability .

  9. #9Deereman2013-09-11 00:10

    You already ordered one of? Why would you be worried?

  10. #10Outlw2013-09-11 10:39

    I hope it's a good machine

  11. #11cutting edge2013-09-11 22:43

    Hitachi builds the 60G . airman only does up to the 50d

  12. #12Outlw2013-09-11 22:58

    It came in today except for the bucket and clam

  13. #13Deereman2013-09-12 23:06

    that was quick

  14. #14Outlw2013-09-13 07:41

    Yea they told me next month. Still waiting for the bucket and clamp.