Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

looking at a koehring 6625

wcracer7 ยท 2016-06-12 22:25

well whats the good and bad. This will be my first excavator, it is very reasonably priced. Mainly just be doing house demos, loading clay and doing some light digging (basements ect.) Any pros and cons would be a plus, i have looked it over and it looks pretty clean, no cracks or welds, undercarriage decent but will need drive sprockets pretty quick and tracks are about out of adjustment and bucket will not curl but does dump which just started happening so im guessing just stuck hyd spool or somthing cause it doesnt even load the pump when you try curling. Thanks in advance

Replies12
  1. #1TrentNz2016-06-12 22:39

    Bit old if you ask me. Better getting something in early to mid 90s

  2. #2wcracer72016-06-13 01:19

    i believe it is a 1986 model, i realize its old but priced right and looks very nice, its a one owner machine

  3. #3TrentNz2016-06-13 02:15

    I would imagine parts would be a bit more dificult to find too

  4. #4Tones2016-06-13 03:32

    A lot of that old machinery has parts that could still be avaiable and if not newer parts could fit like hydraulic pumps etc. Track gear is something that should be looked into as it maybe one type only. I had a go at operating a big brother to the 6625 many many years ago. I can't remember the model but it had a V12 71 GM in it. It is the most usless peace of puss I have ever sat in, It couldn't even lift the bucket high enough to load a 769 truck if it was on the same level as the truck tires. A Hitachi UH07 would outwork it anytime

  5. #5zhuxaioha2016-06-23 05:16

    It is a little old, dear friend

  6. #6servman12016-06-23 12:44

    Awesome!

  7. #7Master Operator2016-07-11 19:42

    I own a 6625 run it for 10 years sold it and the man that bought it is still running it. It might be old but it's easy to work on, there not a computer to worry about. If the man would sell it back to me ,I would buy it tomorrow

  8. #8Master Operator2016-07-11 19:45

    Did you buy it

  9. #9chris allen2017-07-24 14:12

    Hey there saw were ya use to own 6625. Well I bough one very reasonable Well I can't figure out how the two speed travel works. Any ideas. I did notice a foot switch in floor that looks like a high An low beam switch if an old truck.

  10. #10Bls repair2017-07-24 21:36

    Horn switch I believe.

  11. #11wcracer72018-01-31 09:49

    the dimmer looking switch on the floor is the horn, mine doesnt have 2 speed or if it does i dont know where it is. I do have some books on it, if you ever need any info.

  12. #12wcracer72018-01-31 09:51

    sorry for the way late response but yes i did buy it, and also just bought halla 220, same deal way priced right but having a damn tough time finding info on them