Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking at a yanmar B50-2b need advice

Dennisk3 · 2021-05-07 19:33

I am going to look at a 1995 yanmar B50-2b tomorrow, it has ~5,900 hours on it, it does not have a cab, the guy wants $25,000. I have a good understanding of mechanics, but have never owned a mini excavator before. The guy is not willing to budge on the price, but sometimes cash talks ‍♂️. Is there anything I should be looking for? I can’t find any information about common failures for these.

Replies5
  1. #1uffex2021-05-08 04:28

    Good day Dennisk Attached may be helpfu more aids and advice on the web site go library > Sales or purchase, it is free and safe. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Dennisk32021-05-08 09:17

    Thanks!! Everything looked good on it, there was a little fluid around the pump, but not terrible, so I now own it

  3. #3Aarons812021-05-08 10:15

    25k seems a little steep for a 6k hour machine. Is it in really good shape? Undercarriage look good?

  4. #4Dennisk32021-05-08 11:54

    Yes, the tracks,rollers, and sprockets were all new about 200 hours ago, there were no leaks anywhere, and it had a hydraulic thumb added last year. I only need it for around the home stuff.

  5. #5Dennisk32021-05-08 18:06

    I have been reading something on Facebook about “grey market” machines, does it make it harder to get parts? Also is there any sure way to tell?