Hello, I have a 2014-15 TB260 that is intermittently getting a code 1209 FMI 4. According to the book that would be EGR high pressure side sensor fault (low voltage). After running for a little bit with the code active, it seem to go into sort of a limp mode. The engine wont rev as high, and the hydraulics bog the engine down... Has anyone run into this before? Yanmar engine. Maybe sensor bad? Thanks!
On a whim, remove pressure sensor and ensure that the passages are clear, especially in the manifold. From here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAPegQIEBAC&usg=AOvVaw1Zp5cmdPrY8RuNdctr_MbD
Thanks heymccall... Ill take a look at it. Before you posted, i wasn't even sure what the sensor looked like.
Well I took that sensor off the valve cover and made sure the passages were clear... especially the exhaust pipe going to the sensor. Reassembled, and error code still there. So it seems to be a faulty sensor, just want to make sure before I replace it. It seems to be a $400+ dollar part. Pretty steep for a little plastic piece the size of a lighter.
I've got no equivalent engines to help you further
I found this... From here https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjACegQIGxAC&usg=AOvVaw3mwk4pnV-KkZHMS9aykmY4
Which leads here...
Thanks for finding that, I’ll go through it before I condemn that sensor!
You would need Yanmar Smart software to plug in .Where are you located ?
I’m in upstate NY.. is that software available on the internet? Or you think I should take it in to Takeuchi or someone with the software?
Would most diesel shops have the yanmar smart software?
Yes the software is no the internet .But you will need a license to you make it work .You will need the Yanmar interface to hook up to the machine .Which is the top right .
Most diesel shops will not have it The Yanmar software will have Takeuchi password to to make it work . May if they have a Texa or Cojoli laptop set up the might be able to get into it .
There is an online seller where I order Yanmar . They like to be helpful and their prices are good. You can find it if you write originalparts4you.
Well I found that EGR pressure sensor online for $35.. stuck it and started it up. It fixed it. The code went away and went out of limp mode! It’s strange how most places were selling the sensor for $400+, but I found a few places that had it for $35.
That is great . They may have been selling a oem and the one you got was after market .What was part number and parts house you got it from ?
I am a fan of Taki excavators, but their parts prices are ridiculous even when compared to the parts prices everyone else charges, which is saying something.
But remember it is coming from Yanmar.
I respectfully disagree. Yes, some parts are ridiculous, but most are competitive (inline with other manufacturers). I only shop for parts for 8 Takeuchis though.
Appears to be a genuine Yanmar part.. just strange how the prices vary on it.. there is the same sensor on eBay right now for $500. I didn’t even ask the Takeuchi dealer for a price on it, because I figured they would add their up charge to it.
Hi csthompson12, can you let me know if that $35 part is still working on your machine. I have had the exact same thing happen to my TB260 and don't want to put a $500 part on when a $35 part will work. Thank you
Yes it is... still not sure why the large price difference, because the 35$ one is a genuine Yanmar part. I may buy another just to keep around for a backup.
I tried to order one from the same place and they said there are none left in the USA. Has to come from Japan and could take months. Do you remember the guy you talked to there, please let me know if you find out anything, I am still dead in the water...not really...in a cattle pasture, haha.
Give me a bit, I’ll see what I can find
Hi all, I know it comes a long time after original post, but is anyone able to source those $35-40 sensors any more?
Buenas tardes, tengo el mismo problema spn 1209 fmi 4, he cambiado el sensor de presión egr, el mazo de cables eléctrico y la ecu, pero sigue la falla. Alguien tiene alguna idea? muchas gracias!!
Good afternoon, I have the same problem spn 1209 fmi 4, I have changed the egr pressure sensor, the electrical harness and ecu, but the fault still continues. Does anyone have any ideas? thank you so much!!
Hello there i have a TB280FR with a SPN51 FMI4 code and it boggs down when lifting the boom I've replaced the engine wiring harness and valve cover pressure sensor due to rubbing wires is there a way to test the throttle body?