Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for 580 LT2 Cab Doors

Bayrat ยท 2007-11-02 17:56

I purchased a 2000 model with low hours but the cab is not in good shape. In particular the doors are extremely rusted on the bottom, the cab I can probably fix as it is not too bad. I know its primary job was to plow snow so I imagine that is why the hood and cab are in the shape that they are and also why the backhoe is like running a new machine I have tried internet searches to no avail. Anybody know where I might find Case cab parts? I can get new ones for cost but they must be made of gold.

Replies2
  1. #1JS580SL2007-11-06 21:55

    Our Super L has rust all over the hood from salt. We plan on painting the machine soon. 3800hours and it runs like a champ. Wouldnt trade it for nothing! heads up though, years back, I heard it was a 1,000.00$ just for the door shell on a 580E.

  2. #2Bayrat2007-11-07 17:28

    Actually I can purchase the complete door with glass for dealer cost, which is just under the figure you mentioned. They are 1300 at retail. I have a buddy that is a good metal worker/welder that likes to tinker so I may have him take a look at them.