Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for a case 450 oil sump/float

born2ride ยท 2017-08-28 13:15

I am looking to replace the oil float to a hard fixed model can any one point me in right direction??

Replies11
  1. #1Tinkerer2017-08-28 15:59

    Where did you get the photo in your post ? Which engine is in your dozer, 188, 207 or 336 ?

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2017-08-28 20:10

    I'm wondering the same thing Tinker that looks like a 301 , 336 not a 188 or 207

  3. #3Tinkerer2017-08-29 07:12

    Yessir Coy. Without knowing what he has we can't help him. I'm not sure I would change the oil pump piping design in a dozer that is often operated on extreme slopes. But, if that is what born2ride wants then why not just weld the one that it is in it a permanent position ?

  4. #4born2ride2017-08-29 08:03

    Sorry for delay worked late and forgot to look last night , Its a 188 diesel . I guess i could weld it but either way i need to buy a new or used one. short video with better pictures.

  5. #5DMiller2017-08-29 09:46

    Ouch, looks like the counterweights and rods had a good time with that screen!! I would like to know why it came undone as I have not seen one do that in a good number of years that had not had stress fracture failure of the tube.

  6. #6born2ride2017-08-29 12:12

    The case dealer i use mentioned it was common on the floating style to fall off, later they went to a hard fixed type he said. i can take a picture of the other end tonight, i am working on shale machine bouncing alot which could of caused it?

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2017-08-29 21:06

    Have you found the part numbers as of yet for the oil strainer?

  8. #8born2ride2017-08-29 21:33

    Case part number yes , not any stamp on old float as i could tell. looks like the 188,207 use the float for awhile then it becomes hard fixed. attached : the sump end, picture out of case online catalog ,showing different sump styles but as i can tell all use same oil pump and pan.

  9. #9Coy Lancaster2017-08-30 19:39

    The part numbers that I found are in the 586C parts catalog. A156794 screen A155169 bracket

  10. #10Tinkerer2017-09-01 07:28

    Your destroyed float is reference # 22 & or 23 here ----> https://partstore.casece.com/us/par...428d25&sl=EN&currency=#epc::mr3487082ar253984

  11. #11born2ride2017-09-12 21:06

    I should have new tube and bearing coming this week.