Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for a dump truck

Drewster2016 ยท 2014-07-16 17:25

Hi all. I need some help. I kinda put the roll off idea on the back burner for now.. Landscaping is picking up and I'm in the need for a dump truck but it's gotta be a single axle under cdl. I'm lokmkng at leasing a new one.. So far I've looked at freightliner but I'm not really sure besides the international 4400 what to look at. I'll be pulling a trailer with a skid steer on it.. If I can still stay under cdl here in mass.. Thanks for your help!

Replies4
  1. #1mitch5042014-07-16 19:57

    If your trailer gross vehicle weight rating is over 10,000 lbs, then the combination of the truck gross vehicle weight rating and the trailer gvw rating has to be below 26,000 lbs, or you need a class A cdl. That's federal, not state law. That makes it hard to pull a skidsteer with anything above an F250 without a cdl.

  2. #2Drewster20162014-07-16 21:11

    Alright. Then if I were to go the cdl rout what would be a good single axle dunp truck? I kinda like this http://m.commercialtrucktrader.com/listing/INTERNATIONAL-4400-2015-111964613 Not sure what freightliner would have that is equivalent to this ..

  3. #3JBGASH2014-07-16 22:54

    That truck would make a good dump truck. I like air brakes and Diesel engines in them.

  4. #4Drewster20162014-07-16 23:03

    The only issue is I can seem to find may 4400s like that shirt that are made to be a dump truck and not 25ft long to be a box truck. How do I find trucks like tbat are ment to be a dump truck?