Hi all, I have a Sports lighting installation company. I also perform maintenance on sports lighting systems. These systems typically range in height from 60'-100' above final grade. The work is usually changing light bulbs, cleaning lenses and reflectors and changing the occasional ballast. I am looking for a manlift that can be moved from jobsite to jobsite with equipment that doesn't require a commercial license to operate. Since most of this work is at the 70'-80' level, I need a machine that will have a 75' platform height, will be self propelled, have a 500 lb basket capacity and will weigh 10,000 lbs or less. On the rare occasions that I need to reach higher I can rent what I need. I have found a lift that Bil-Jax (55XA) makes that has a platform height of 56' and weighs 6000 lbs. This machine is similar to what I am looking for, except that I need the additional reach. It appears that they are saving weight by extensive use of aluminum in the construction of the machine, and they use out riggers to stabilize the machine when in use. If any of you know of such a machine or how I might accomplish this goal, I would be very appreciative of your suggestions. Tim
Check out spider lifts, they can fit your requirements although they are pricey (100-150k new for that height). Teupen is one maker.
Denka Lift is another. Here is a used 90 footer for reference. Yes, they are a bit pricey http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=8311549&
Thanks guys, something like these might be just the ticket. Yes, they are pricey, but compared to a standard straight boom lift or a crane with tip mounted basket and remote controls, not too bad:drinkup I will look further into these. Tim
I have also found a company called Reachmaster. They have a truck mounted boom lift that might fill the bill. Here is a link to their TM100: http://www.reachmaster.com/tm100.html anyone know anything about Reachmaster? Tim
In your application I think the truck mounted unit might be the way to go. The only set back may be soft soil or other sensitive/delicate footing
I too think a truck mounted manlift such as the Reachmaster TM100 will make the most sense for me. If it will truly fit on a 19,000GVW truck, It will solve my CDL & DOT concerns, at least here in Texas. I sent them an Email yesterday to ask for pricing. They have an office located in Kingwood Tx so not too far for a visit if I like what I hear.
Hi! I am new here and in some reason I cannot post new thread. Some sugestions? I get this: "...you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons ..." And just for information - does somebody here knows about problems on the car baler "Colmar B5000" http://www.colmarspa.com/PDF/UK_B5000.pdf and about Engine on this "C4.4 Acert"? Thank´s in advance! Veiko
What about a bucket truck? They are insulated for electrical type work, much safer and all self contained. We have had several over the years, stick with a hiranger if you go that route. Its a little more work planking the grass but there are so many more uses for a bucket truck. Below is a liftall but you will get an idea. http://www.nescosales.com/Equipment...ALL-LM75-90-2MS---2007-PETERBILT-335-6X4.aspx
Barklee, I have considered a bucket truck and yes, they would work fine. I have some experience with insulated bucket trucks. The problem with this type of bucket is that those that meet my height requirements typically require a CDL and DOT authorization. I am looking to avoid the cost and record keeping requirements associated with holding a commercial drivers license and DOT authority. The other difficulty with an insulated bucket truck that will reach 70'-100' is the physical size of the machine. A smaller piece of equipment will be easier to maneuver around the tight confines of baseball fields, football fields and the like. Thanks to everyone who responded, I have gotten some good ideas here and will be following up of some of those. Tim