My name is Michael, I am new to this forum (this is my first real post) and I have always been fascinated by "big trucks". I am looking for a model truck. None of the criteria/items in my list need to be a specific make/model/year, I just like the looks, . This can be die-cast or plastic, but I am hoping to find 1/87th scale ("HO" trains scale). Mathcbox or Hotwheels 'scale' would also be 'close enough. All pieces must 'fit' together and look like they belong together, whether they are from the same set or not. Here is what I want: Truck (any tractor will do, but I am partial to Pete's and older Mack's), Jeep (front fifth-wheel dolly) Trailer (most anything will do, but low-boy with detachable gooseneck would be best, even if the model's gooseneck does not detach) Stinger (rear dolly) This picture shows basically what I am looking for: http://www.mooresfarmtoys.com/images/lowboy 64th.jpg Looking forward to many replies, Michael.
Try this: http://www.hobbylinc.com/cgi-bin/s8.cgi?cat_s=U&mfg_s=hrp&str_s=heavy haul You can piece together what you want. They have a couple trucks you want, plus the lowboy with jeep. The "Noteboom Pendel-X Heavy Haul Trailer" is another trailer option that would probably fit the other jeep.
Geez, that's ... practically perfect, and I'm kinda stupid . . . I HAVE Herpa models, two of them, and never thought to look at Herpa for what I wanted ....... Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. The prices are a little more than I'd be happy with, but at least I can buy piece-by-piece instead of having to save up for an all-at-once set. Michael.
I'm not really sure if this site will help but since I am already in the forum, I just want to share this site as we just installed one. http://www.hitchanything.com/Reese-30054-30K-Low-Profile-Fifth-Wheel-Hitch.html