Hello, I am looking for a nice high quality, easy to use post pounder to attach to my skid-steer. We are going to try driving wood piles from our barge using the skidsteer and pounder. THere are many different types out there and it is difficult to figure out which ones are good or not without driving 2000 miles to different dealers. If anyone can lead me by experience to an excellent quality unit I would be grateful. We need a large, powerful unit, capable to driving long/piles posts with the ability to tilt side to side to adjust direction while driving . Thank you
Here is a ponder that might work for you. http://www.buyattachmentsdirect.com/skidsteerattachments/post-driver/
Looking for a quality Post Pounder: Looks good, Hopuser... I'm kinda looking for a pounder to attach to an excavator. Oh, and... your link looks right, but it wouldn't open the page. I clicked on the "Properties" of the link, and got this: http://http//www.buyattachmentsdirect.com/skidsteerattachments/post-driver/ Looks like there's an extra... http// in there, for some reason??? I'll take it out, hope you don't mind.... http://www.buyattachmentsdirect.com/skidsteerattachments/post-driver/ I think that one works, Hopuser... thanks for the info... :thumbsup OCR...
Shaver brand is very good.10 inch is agood buy
What keeps the post in the pounder and the barge next to the post? Seems to me that if you were hooked to the post and the barge slid on account of currents of something it would be a bad day for all involved, especially when you cant get out of the skidsteer if the arms are raised and the motor quit and its underwater... I would consider running it off a telehandler or a crane, wouldnt get me to be the first guy to try it off the corner of a barge in a skidsteer...