Hello everyone, Here is my delemma. I have a 55 Ford 850 tractor w/ a backhoe and a loader (see my pics under ''pictures of your backhoe''). I need a swivel style seat that can be locked and I would like to have it height adjustable also. The seat that is on there now is basically a tube in a tube that does swivel if you get up and turn it. To adjust the height, there is an extension pipe that someone made for it. (see pic of seat by clicking here.) Because I have an above knee amputation of my right leg and wear a prostetic, it is hard for me to stand, turn the seat, climb over the controls and then depending on whether I'm operating the B/H where the seat needs to be raised up, or if driving the tractor / operating the loader where the seat needs to be lowered so I can operate the clutch & brakes it is difficult and sometimes dangerous for me to do it this way. Looking at the commercial units offered out there, we're talking between $850.00 - to over $1000.00 and they would not look correct on this unit. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance. Pete
The Massey 1100 I have has a little hydraulic cylinder under the seat mechanism which raises and lowers it about 10 inches. Seems like you could easily rig up a simple pivot mechanism and a tube inside a tube with a cylinder to adjust hieght. Here's another thought. How about a cheap floor jack with your seat welded to the lift pad. Bolt the jack down to the transmission somehow and there you go.