Looking for a roller that will be used to compact the roads at our hunting camp. 8-10 percent grade is the normal. Nothing fancy. what brands that would be older that you could pick up at reasonable price would you guys recommend? I have a Cat 259D CTL. Do the roller attachments for them work? I thought they would be hard on the loader arms. I have about 12 miles of roads to mantine and more to make. Thanks
Dynapac has been around for a while. I'd stay away from Rayco. We have a 1974 asphalt roller and you can't get parts for it. Ingersoll rand is still on the go. We have a couple bomag rollers that have been trouble free. Stay away from any double drum rollers, they're rough, break your back if you run over a dime. Plus they can slide into ditches easier and they're a pain to load on a float.