Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

looking for a wiring harness for a 580C

rickwey ยท 2019-10-24 07:27

anyone know of a place I might find a wire harness for my 580C backhoe I need to get my dash working so I can get fuel gauge and oil ,temp ,tech meter working when I got this tractor wire were cut like crazy and things have been rig up like you would not believe I have had to almost rebuild it no I am rebuilding it lol must say didn't know sh-t about a backhoe before I bought it but have learned a whole lot in last few months and thanks to this site and you guys help have got it looking pretty good this site is great without it I would have been out thousands

Replies8
  1. #1Clawed Backster2019-10-24 08:18

    I don't have any idea where you can get a wiring harness, but the former owner of your backhoe must have owned mine too. Basically all of the wiring on mine that is not absolutely necessary for the machine to run has been disconnected. Who does that kind of crap?

  2. #2rickwey2019-10-24 08:36

    right lol cut all the wires on the motor under the cab to the trans all under the dash i'm like what the hell lights then hooked up his own wiring system it starts and runs but you can't tell how much fuel you have or what the oil pressure is or the water temp is and I read on here you need to keep an eye on hydo temp when doing a lot of heavy pushing so I would like to get it fixed plus all the power shuttle cutout switches have been cut

  3. #3Tinkerer2019-10-24 10:09

    Salvage yards like this one ----> https://www.farmlandtractor.com/ is where I have had good luck. Contact Randy. http://e-backhoeparts.com/ Dale Weiss may be able to help. Google is your friend in the search. There are many salvage yards that may have that harness.

  4. #4rickwey2019-10-24 22:52

    cool never knew about those I'll try that and see if I can find one there cause looks like I'm going to need both halves mine has been chopped up bad

  5. #5thepumpguysc2019-10-25 05:21

    I'd bet money Dale Weiss has some.. {e-backhoeparts}

  6. #6rickwey2019-10-25 07:08

    ok thanks a lot i'll give a call today and see

  7. #7Tinkerer2019-10-25 10:07

    There is another Case dealership owner in Canada who is retired. But he has NOS and a boneyard that he is still selling parts from. His name is Jean-Claude Marleau. Super nice man and very knowledgeable. I have purchased many parts from him. I have always sent him US cash through the mail with no problem. His email address is ---> [email protected] He does not have a website.

  8. #8rickwey2019-10-25 10:36

    ok thanks a lots