I have a 2002 Genie TMZ 50 and I am hoping to find the software to interface to it and diagnose. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Paul
Do you have the honda motor ? Whats the issue your having ? Towable booms are generally not that hard to troubleshoot.. Maybe we can walk you through it
Don't all genies have the on board diagnostic to give fault codes?
Go to genies website to get manual
It might. Solid state controler with the printed dip switch circuit boards do have and led read out for a 2 digit code.
Thank you. This lift has the upgraded blue boards with LED display on the side. After repairing the boom extension, I was using it and stowed when finished, when I came to use it again I get error 0010 when on lower control or platform. Here is what I have done. 6 conductor wire between lower and upper checks out fine. for continuity. disconnected platform control and plugged in at bottom - no difference. visually inspected all 3 boards both side for damage or burnt out areas - none On each board I see test areas, but have no way to know what to test for. I believe it is in the communication between platform and lower CPU somewhere. Have checked as many traces and wiring as I can follow to make sure no breakages. I was hoping software would allow me to see if there was any communication between boards and if not which board was not doing its startup routine. Platform board, receives 24v, less are constantly flashing. and do not go solid. I can start the engine from lower but never changes over to engine power. Everything works in down only as rewired with code 0010 according to the service manual. I know I am looking to fault find to the component level, as to switching a board for $1000. Thanks Paul
Forgive the autocorrect.. Thank you. This lift has the upgraded blue boards with LED display on the side. After repairing the boom extension, I was using it and stowed when finished, when I came to use it again I get error 0010 when on lower control or platform. Here is what I have done. 6 conductor wire between lower and upper checks out fine for continuity. Disconnected platform control and plugged in at bottom - no difference. visually inspected all 3 boards both side for damage or burnt out areas - none On each board I see test areas, but have no way to know what to test for. I believe it is in the communication between platform and lower CPU somewhere. Have checked as many traces and wiring as I can follow to make sure no breakages. I was hoping software would allow me to see if there was any communication between boards and if not which board was not doing its startup routine. Platform board, receives 24v, LED's are constantly flashing. and do not go solid. I can start the engine from lower but never changes over to engine power. Everything works in down only as required with code 0010 according to the service manual. I know I am looking to fault find to the component level, as to switching a board for $1000. Thanks Paul
Genie as far as i know only offers web gpi and tech link but that does not cover your machine. If you got the read out lcd thats what you get for diagnostics. The software is loaded into the eprom .If you ran down the cable and it ohmed out from platform to ground. Then the board is is your next step. I would however check your cable once more.. Boards to fail so its not impossible thats what causing your communication error. You could have lost eprom data or just lost the board somewhere in its print. Do have the ribbon cable that connects the control board to.the cpu board ?
Yes. to the ribbon cable. All the ribbon cables ohm out, as does the connections. Had a bad 2500uf capacitor which I replaced, but still no go. So I reinvented the wheel. All the wiring has been replaced except for the boom to platform. I have been able to replicate the software on a micro controller and use the button overlays to trigger the solenoids via relays. Whilst I don't have all the originality of the software ( checking each coil on startup) Everything from safety to hydraulic flow and speed have been recreated and works. Data is passed between platform and deck just like before, but not using a $2500 board replacement set. I have a functioning lift at a cost of $30 for farm use and never be put back into commercial. With additional useful things like battery voltage and able to monitor the output values of the tilt sensor on the platform. I will in the future examine the 3 boards to a component level, but don't hold much hope for finding the issues, all the sealant would need to come off and its not easy.