Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for help on a Bobcat S175

Randall L Monson ยท 2022-08-25 17:29

Went to start recently, started just fine but had no glow plug count down, thought that was odd but it started! drove about 20 foot and it abruptly stops, kills engine and turns lights on outside of skid loader. I've checked all fuses and relays, cleaned battery terminals. I also just started it up without putting safety bar down and it killed as mentioned above. Anybody heard of such a thing? It is a key start with foot controls. It has no screen on left side as well as no movement on both gages

Replies3
  1. #1brdgbldr2022-08-26 07:51

    Definitely sounds like an electrical issue. Maybe a wire grounding out somewhere.

  2. #2JBrady2022-08-29 14:27

    When it is hot outside, my glowplugs don't come on on my S250, so you may or may not have a problem there. When you say no screen on the left side, I assume you mean no hour meter lcd? Based on your description, it sounds like wiring to the left panel or the panel itself is bad. The left panel is universal to bobcats of that series, as is the right side with keystart. You can probably find one on ebay.

  3. #3Randall L Monson2022-08-29 16:26

    Thanks J B, I have left panel out trying to find someone to test it but haven't had any luck. I've got power to panel so I have to assume the panel went back.