Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for help on finding

collin moore ยท 2020-04-12 11:08

I have a 1959 d4 cat dozer that pony motor has failed looking for help finding a direct drive replacement any suggestions ??

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2020-04-12 13:03

    Posting the dozer forum might have given you a better chance of getting replies. Let's see if one of the mods can move it.

  2. #2collin moore2020-04-12 13:39

    I have a 1959 d4 dozer and the pony motor has finally failed me. I am seeking help on finding a conversion kit to direct start ?

  3. #3AllDodge2020-04-12 16:32

    Have a look here http://www.acmoc.org/bb/showthread.php?11327-D4-Pony-Motor-to-Electric-Start-conversion Plenty info on Antique Caterpillar Machinery Owners Club

  4. #4AllDodge2020-04-12 16:40

    This may even be member Old Magnet site https://sites.google.com/site/oldmagcat/

  5. #5digger242j2020-04-12 17:22

    Well, at Nige's suggestion, I moved the first thread here, before I realized there was a second one. So I merged the two, and now there's only one again. Carry on... And Collin Moore, welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums.

  6. #6collin moore2020-04-12 17:46

    my model number CR.DO.D4 and serial #6259