Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for international harvester excavators

IH560JL · 2009-01-02 20:00

:usa Hello, anyone know where a guy can find ih excavators for sale, looking for the french made ones. Want small and large. Missed out on one locally, went to scrap when owner passed away and kids wanted money. Was told they drove it onto flatbed and ran like new, scrap yard only saw for the wieght and cut it up! Looking to restore and use, if price is right might by several. Thks jim

Replies39
  1. #1Squizzy246B2009-01-02 20:33

    Jim, Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums. For future reference please refrain from posting in "ALL CAPS" as it is considered shouting in nettiquette. Thanks. Good Luck with your IH search. I have never actually seen a genuine IH excavator in the flesh except for the old minis. Qball: Its called English:

  2. #2IH560JL2009-01-02 22:10

    ok, will post lowers, "old mini's?" you don't think i mean "ihi" do you? ihi is a jap. company that makes scrap, international harvester had made a french co. make to thier specifications a machine way ahead of the time, they had long sticks before anyone knew what they were for, they had extendable sticks that many companies are just now coming out with and claiming to be a "new" idea. ih had this in early 70's. jim

  3. #3Squizzy246B2009-01-02 22:32

    Now I come to think of it I'm not sure wether the mini I'm thinking of was IH or IHI......but it wasn't scrap thats for sure. Owned by a drainage company that used the hell out of it for like 20 years.

  4. #4stretch2009-01-03 11:46

    Ah yes, the IH/Yumbo machines. Good luck finding those, I have never seen one, but it seems that more than one of our members aren't too fond of them...:stirthepot

  5. #5Steve Frazier2009-01-03 13:57

    I've only ever seen one, about the size of a Cat 215. It was probably a 30 year old machine and was a bit strange looking. It was parked so I never saw it working. I't's gone now and I haven't seen it since.

  6. #6qball2009-01-03 14:45

    squizzy, it's called sarcastic humor. it will be next to impossible to get parts for. mark kresmery construction in elgin il has one. i will try to post pics of it on monday.

  7. #7AtlasRob2009-01-03 15:09

    DEAS, HELP, .............................. hes looking for a ............................. Yumbo I'll take a gamble that Deas wont be able to reach me from where he is and risk posting this, .........again. ( Steve have we got a smiley ducking ) This is available and still runs but I think shipping costs will put it out of the running. It should have gone for scrap when prices were up! I wonder how many bits I'd have to take off to get it in a box like Brians Spiderhoe or that TimberC@t :drinkup

  8. #8IH560JL2009-01-03 19:11

    Thanks. Shipping from uk will put me out of running, if one in elgin is avail. To be sold, i would be able to haul home myself from there. Any phone # avail.? Thks jim

  9. #9IH560JL2009-01-03 19:20

    SORRY SQUIZZY, I HAVE WORKED ON ALMOST 50 IHI HOES AND ALMOST ALL WERE REALLY BAD SHAPE FOR SOME ONLY 1 YEAR OLD, ALL CUSTOMERS SAID THAT WOULD BE LAST ONE THEY WOULD EVER OWN, MY INTEREST IN I.H. IS THAT I LIKE TO FIND I.H. STRANGE DUCKS AND RESTORE, THEN PLAY WITH AS TIME AND MONEY ALLOW. I HAVE ONE OF FIRST I.H.3200A SKID LOADERS IH BOUGHT FOR RESALE, IH2404 INDUSTRIAL LP IH MADE ONLY FOR SLAUGHTER HOUSES, ETC. oops in caps again. jim

  10. #10qball2009-01-03 20:06

    the hoe is still in "use" but i will get pics and ask the owner if he wants to part with it. it is in hampshire now lookin ugly.:drinkup

  11. #11dirt digger2009-01-03 20:25

    i don't know about that...if they can dismantle and put in a cargo box it might be cheaper then thought...my dads company puts trucks in shipping containers all the time to ship to Africa, they are buying trucks up like mad down there...especially Macks

  12. #12special tool2009-01-04 06:56

    IH - here's one from Machinerytrader.com Guy wants $18,500 for it; says it runs good. Its in North Dakota. But are you sure we can't talk you out of it??

  13. #13surfer-joe2009-01-04 18:31

    I've seen a very few of these, only one or two actually working. Most were in Midwest as International dealers were larger there and promoted them more heavily. I suspect parts for the hoe might be a problem, with maybe less trouble for hydraulic and engine parts. Good Luck!

  14. #14Taylortractornu2009-01-10 05:56

    I know of a couple Drott Yumbos around here and a ones a 30 with a grapple but the swing gears are stripped. I found the man a new one for 2500. But thats too much he says. Its in a scrap yard has the old pipe boom. Think the mtor was chanced out. It has the little Cast pads. Also theres purple 40 in Muscle Shoals Alabama and a yard. I think its Mallard steel. A logger friend also has a later on that hs the square boom with the cylinder under the stick.

  15. #15IH560JL2010-07-01 15:34

    Still looking for ih excavator Qball was to contact owner of one in elgin, il , did you do it? Any contact info for him and i will call him. Am still very interested.

  16. #16qball2010-07-01 23:10

    the owner doesn't seem to want to part with it. look him up and call,

  17. #17GGDOZERINC2010-07-08 17:57

    We sold one just the other day... Best day of my!!! No it was a good machine for years and the last ten years it was just used as a spare and farm machine. You can still get parts for them. Take some time to come in but the local komatsu dealer here can get parts.

  18. #18TD-52010-07-08 22:58

    This 650HD is on Machinery trader now, The Add was last updated May 25/2010, $19500usd. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1032&Manu=INTERNATIONAL

  19. #19Deeretime2010-07-09 00:17

    why IH, and not a kohering, bantom,or maybe a 690 deere... they do almost look the same

  20. #20IH560JL2010-07-16 09:55

    Why ih? I collect odd and rare international harvester and i want ih/yumbo excavator prefer 620,640, 3944,3960,3961,3964. Any ih excavator under 35000 gross lbs. Finders fee paid. 815-626-0328 fax 815-626-8785 [email protected]

  21. #21IH560JL2010-07-16 09:57

    Thanks td-5, little larger than i am looking for, but i will still be talking to them, will be there to inspect tuesday july 20. Thks jim

  22. #22IH560JL2010-07-16 09:59

    Qball do you have his # and i will call him. Thks jim

  23. #23spitzair2010-07-17 10:38

    I found this one in Vancouver a few years ago, not sure if it's still there... I can take a look next time I'm down that way...

  24. #24bandit19702011-01-14 18:49

    drott yumbo Excavater Would this be something your looking for.

  25. #25IH560JL2011-12-19 20:08

    Hello caller Hello, gentleman who called today, 12-19-2011 @ 10am or so. , please call back about your 3964, answering machine did not get your contact info. Want to talk with you. Thks james lynch 815-626-0328- 8157181978 cell

  26. #26IH560JL2011-12-19 20:10

    Ih excavator wanted please call 8156260328 leave message

  27. #27pan2012-02-02 03:35

    saw an ad in N.E. Missouri for a 1977 3964b new hydraulic pump and engine $9250.00 660-216-8816

  28. #28Artable2012-08-31 14:33

    Give us a call 708-754-5151 We have a 3964 coming up for sale in a couple of weeks. Great shape. Art or Deanna 708-754-5151

  29. #29245dlc2012-08-31 17:18

    I know where there is an International 3964 or thereabouts feller buncher conversion for sale, it is in Canada though if interested I can direct you to where to check it out.

  30. #30cgt72013-06-24 13:35

    I have one and some parts

  31. #31aras802013-06-24 14:00

    I currently work in one of the old Drott facilities in Central Wisconsin

  32. #32cgt72013-06-24 15:30

    have 3964 b in ne ohio up for sale

  33. #33dwsalvage2013-07-09 14:01

    i have a yumbo international 3964b and looking for the swing reducer. the bearings went out and cracked the housing, need to find a housing. Anyone know were to located this part?

  34. #34ror76a2015-02-01 17:59

    Don't know if anyone is still looking for these, but I found one on craigslist http://lansing.craigslist.org/hvo/4822414442.html

  35. #35gabeaho2015-05-08 14:05

    I have a 3964 that I'm considering letting go up in Minnesota.

  36. #36Jlt32016-07-24 23:20

    Ih 3984 b I have an International 1980 3984 Series B (640 Dresser) track hoe / Excavator for sale this is good size machine that weighs around 45,000 lbs I think. Note the "B" series was ONLY created in 1980 for a short time before they re-branded to 640 Dresser. The hour meter shows 4,490 but I have no way to validate. The reduction drive on one of the tracks has the bearing out. I have pulled it apart and just not had a chance to fix it. When the bearing went out it damage a few of teeth on some of the reduction gears. I think the few teeth that were damaged could be welded as a fix but have not had the time to split it all apart and check. Has enclosed cab but glass on side door is missing. Has the standard 2 stick controls. The under carriage is good. Most of the pins are good and tight but the pins on the end bucket do have slack in them but still very usable. I bought this from a farmer to use on my farm. Machine starts good and runs strong. I work a lot and have too many projects so posting to see if anyone is interesting in buying as is. Machine of this size in good working order I believe would bring around 15,000 but with it broken make me an offer. I am an IH fan and would love to see this restored. I am located near Kansas City Missouri. If you are interested call Bill at 816-686-3389. Please leave a message if or text me if I don’t answer.

  37. #37Jlt32016-07-25 10:02

    What parts do you have. I would like to find a track reduction drive for my IH 3984 B. You can call me at 816 686 3389. Thanks Bill.

  38. #38Kobe2016-07-27 15:07

    "you don't think i mean "ihi" do you? ihi is a jap. company that makes scrap" Did the original poster really say that on a public forum??? He is long gone but his stupidity remains on display. The several IHI's I have owned and used over the years have without exception been some fine gear.

  39. #39RBMcCloskey2016-08-02 21:59

    I found this, click on the link. http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/hvo/5682336328.html